Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Could the impossible become a reality? A 6/10 guy pulling a 9/10 girl? Watch

There is this girl at Uni half way through last semester who I meet twice a week and we have been getting on really well, she likes my personality, I make her laugh and smile and I think she enjoys my company. However lately my game has slipped a bit and I think I am approaching the friend zone. Its also really confusing, she is a 9/10 and is sociable so I don't know if she is really interested in me or just being nice. I want to ask her to hang out and try and take it further but I am not that confident she will say yes. I am a 6/10 guy with a good personality and she is a 9/10 girl with a good personality. Do you think I have a chance? I think I may have had a chance but now I've blown it.

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Stop worrying about all this number rating *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Stop spending time rating yourself out of 10 and go make a move.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's not impossible you ingrate. The marks out of 10 have some basis in reality because of the matching hypothesis but that only describes a very general trend as well as selection bias for long term relationships. Also looks aren't important it's the whole package, attitude is quite important.

(Original post by desdemonata)
    Just go for it. Stop worrying about all this number rating *******s.
    You know what I am going to go for it. I will take it slow though. I will start by flirting more so I don't reach the friendzone, but I think I need to pounce quick before the initial attraction fades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You know what I am going to go for it. I will take it slow though. I will start by flirting more so I don't reach the friendzone, but I think I need to pounce quick before the initial attraction fades.
    Go get 'em, tiger.

ReputationRep:
    As superficial as this may sound, the rating system is highly subjective, and girls would never settle for anyone 3 points below their own 'score', especially given that the system is already massively skewed in their favour (unless of course you are either rich, famous or both.) A 9 out of 10 is pretty much 'model' standard, and so my guess is that this girl is actually a lot less than you think if we were to take an average.
    If she is a legit 9/10 then you have no chance. If not then go for it.
    I will probably get negged for this but for the average guy aged 18-30, looks are everything in attracting a girl. Most people refuse to believe it though because of the moral implications.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy regardless of his looks can get any girl on any given day.

But here's a question what makes someone a 9/10? My 9/10 could be totally different to the next guys version it mean's sod all.

ReputationRep:
    9/10 is model standard.

ReputationRep:
    Have done so more than once myself. I reckon it's blind luck and arrogance. Just go in with the confidence that they want to be with you - for some reason, a lot of girls really like that and don't realise how much better they can do.

You know all those times you've seen a guy who is with a girl just way out his league? It's 'cos he made a move. Go big or go home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the same situation as the OP, however I'm a 5/10 and she is a 8/10. So far I have shown good confidence, demonstrated higher value and can make her laugh. I am going to test the waters soon as I don't want to miss the opportunity just because I was scared. I think my chances are slim but there is still a chance, and this is my best opportunity so far.

ReputationRep:
    Give here a kiss. See what happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobynoo)
    Give here a kiss. See what happens.
    I don't think that's is good advice. You wouldn't just randomly kiss someone, it could ruin all the OPs hard work so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    I don't think that's is good advice. You wouldn't just randomly kiss someone, it could ruin all the OPs hard work so far.
    "A girl will always forgive a guy for trying to kiss her. But not for not trying to kiss her."

That's good advice. Otherwise the OP could spend another couple of years trying to weedle his way into this girls affections while she could be out one night in a nightclub and get off with some random stranger and that would be the end of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CD2112)
    As superficial as this may sound, the rating system is highly subjective, and girls would never settle for anyone 3 points below their own 'score', especially given that the system is already massively skewed in their favour (unless of course you are either rich, famous or both.) A 9 out of 10 is pretty much 'model' standard, and so my guess is that this girl is actually a lot less than you think if we were to take an average.
    If she is a legit 9/10 then you have no chance. If not then go for it.
    I will probably get negged for this but for the average guy aged 18-30, looks are everything in attracting a girl. Most people refuse to believe it though because of the moral implications.
    What a load of nonsense. Beautiful girls fall for ugly guys all the time. Falling for people is not something you can help :rolleyes:

(Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    9/10 is model standard.
    No it isn't, have you seen various models? they are not the best to look out outside of a shoot.

ReputationRep:
    Less attractive guys often get the fittest girls. But I doubt someone who thinks "oh, I'm only a six, shes a nine", would get with her. You've got to be confident. I know my girlfriend is better looking than me, but I don't act like it. If she finds me attractive, who cares what my "number" is? Theres plenty of other important qualities- I'm sociable, I make her laugh. If you are acting like "please go out with me pretty lady", you'll get nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    Stop spending time rating yourself out of 10 and go make a move.

I agree

(Original post by Mankytoes)
    Less attractive guys often get the fittest girls. But I doubt someone who thinks "oh, I'm only a six, shes a nine", would get with her. You've got to be confident. I know my girlfriend is better looking than me, but I don't act like it. If she finds me attractive, who cares what my "number" is? Theres plenty of other important qualities- I'm sociable, I make her laugh. If you are acting like "please go out with me pretty lady", you'll get nowhere.
    I think your right. I need to forget about looks and concentrate of my strong personality and be confident.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen it happen. Everyone who knew them were like "whoa, how the hell did he get with her?" No kidding.

The guy had a killer personality, though, and he went for it. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? She might say no but at least you can move on. There's much more to gain than to lose here.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.