Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Motivational Music for Working Watch

ReputationRep:
    When a long night of work looms ahead - particularly the frustrating stretch between Sunday night/Monday morning - music can be an incredible motivator. My friend and I Skype on occasions like these and choose a song to have on repeat, a song epic enough to inspire, though we insist on having it repeated so that we're able to adjust ourselves to the rhythm for the final push before Monday lectures.

This is the most recent one, we feel like epic heroes riding on horseback through mountainous landscapes, as we quietly draw our architectural plans.

It'd be awesome if some of you could share any songs you like to work to!

ReputationRep:
    I usually just go for ambient music. Stars of the lid, a winged victory for the sullen, dead can dance, cocteau twins, william basinski, christina Vantzou, hammock, lovesliescrusing. All of that tends to work, as does atmospheric black metal, classical and for some reason grindcore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    I usually just go for ambient music. Stars of the lid, a winged victory for the sullen, dead can dance, cocteau twins, william basinski, christina Vantzou, hammock, lovesliescrusing. All of that tends to work, as does atmospheric black metal, classical and for some reason grindcore.
    When I'm lifting weights to grindcore I get the feeling that I've never felt more motivated in my entire life.

"Oh **** here comes the drum solo" *liftliftliftliftliftliftlift*

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    The Hobbit soundtrack because if I can work trough all of then it makes me feel good.

ReputationRep:
    I find the xcom enemy unknown base music gets me motivated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mozart, Beethoven, Haydn, Bach, Listzt, Elgar are all good. I prefer classical/instrumentals because I find myself concentrating on the lyrics rather than the work at hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.