Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Which newspaper is the best? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Newspaper do you think is the best?
    The Sun
    1.92%
    The Mirror
    0%
    The Star
    0%
    The Daily Fail
    1.92%
    The Guardian
    40.38%
    The Telegraph
    15.38%
    The Times
    15.38%
    The Express
    0%
    The I
    15.38%
    Other - Please discuss below.
    9.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarz)
    The Daily Telegraph is the best. While you have loony journalists in every newspaper, the Telegraph is populated with the least. It's political and economic commentary is excellent - the comments section (on the online newpaper anyway...) is profound with common-sensical views and is unafraid to attack even its own journalists for controversial points of view.

TSR is full of liberals, which explains the Guardian's popularity here.
    Are you crazy

TSR is full of right wing loonies - and I've been here long enough to know that

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the Metro- its free so its gotta be the best...pages on animal of the day brighten up my train journeys everyday!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    Are you crazy

TSR is full of right wing loonies - and I've been here long enough to know that
    You can tell the bias when even the questioner opts to write "Daily Fail" instead of the right-wing Daily Mail.

ReputationRep:
    They are all awfully biased so are all not worth reading if i really had to pick then it would be between independent or telegraph

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcarz)
    You can tell the bias when even the questioner opts to write "Daily Fail" instead of the right-wing Daily Mail.
    Yeah, that's just one person though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aryaryary)
    1 The Wall Street
    2 USA Today
    3 The New York Times
    4 Los Angeles Times
    5 San Jose Mercury News
    6 The Washington Post
    7 Daily News
    8 New York Post
    9 Chicago Tribune
    10 Chicago Sun-Times
    According to my research and by the volume of circulation.
    Volume of circulation.. there's like 350 million Americans, of course there's going to be a higher circulation in comparison to a country with 62 million people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=coO2IgdLDag

Rofl! This is why the Sun is such a down market paper with ads like this! It is a newspaper right?!
    Did you all watch this ad?

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised you put the Daily mail and not the metro. I like the Metro because it's not exactly a cheesy "The sun" like Newspaper but it's not full on broadsheet either. It's a mix of the two and appeals to all types of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Did you all watch this ad?
    What did you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    No Votes for the Star and The Mirror as of yet... I can understand the Star recieving no votes but how has the Mirror got no votes when the Sun has one?!

ReputationRep:
    ...what about the Express too, how come no one likes that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDMUFC)
    Seriously, who picked the sun? Are you mad?
    I like to take it with me when I go camping.

I don't buy it on a regular basis though, it's uncomfortable and clogs the toilet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    No Votes for the Star and The Mirror as of yet... I can understand the Star recieving no votes but how has the Mirror got no votes when the Sun has one?!
    I buy the Sun over the Mirror personally because the mirror fitted up some Arsenal fans in 2000 (effected some people I know personally) and did those fake images of our soldiers abusing iraqis but I would think more people would go for the Mirror over Sun after the Hillsborough stuff tbh

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.