The Modern Novel - 'The Handmaid's Tale.' Watch

This discussion is closed.
Leaby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
In January I resat the Modern Novel exam, and for revision I typed up 13 and a bit pages of notes on 'The Handmaid's Tale' consisting of information that I had gathered from various sources. These notes mainly consist of the many themes that the book explores, though I have also paid attention to other aspects such as 'The Historical Notes' and Atwood's use of language in the novel.
As I spent such a long time working on this and typed up a fair bit of information that I found extremely useful to revise from, I wanted to share this file with as many people as possible, so here it is! I hope that you find it useful, should it apply to anyone sitting/resitting the exam anytime soon. My wording isn't brilliant, but it may give you a few ideas.
Attached files
suz19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
So what grade did you get for your resit?? I hope you got an A because I did no where near that much revision and got an A.
Leaby
Rep:
?
(Original post by suz19)
So what grade did you get for your resit?? I hope you got an A because I did no where near that much revision and got an A.
Yeah I got 90/90, but I never do well at all unless I work this hard. I got an E last time, though one could argue the papers were completely undermarked as lots of people got D's and E's.
suz19
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Leaby)
Yeah I got 90/90, but I never do well at all unless I work this hard. I got an E last time, though one could argue the papers were completely undermarked as lots of people got D's and E's.
Congratulations I hate closed text exams
kokopops
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
omg...lol...u shudda put that up before...i needed 75 out of 90 2 move my eng grade up 2 an A...was on 66/90 on this paper and in the resit went 2 63/90...ok so no biggie but wudda been nice 2 go up!
o well
x
Leaby
Rep:
?
(Original post by kokopops)
omg...lol...u shudda put that up before...i needed 75 out of 90 2 move my eng grade up 2 an A...was on 66/90 on this paper and in the resit went 2 63/90...ok so no biggie but wudda been nice 2 go up!
o well
x
Yeah sorry I only just had the idea, plus I needed to wait for the March 11 results anyway to find out whether or not the notes are decent. Actually, on reflection, I finished these notes the evening before the exam so I'm not sure they would've been much good to you for about 12 hours!
Unlucky about going down... Perhaps you can make up for that 9 marks in your A2 units?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?