Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

deep/intense conditioning treatment Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Thank you so much for this, that is unbelievably helpful I did worry that I'd need a trim, my hair isn't particularly long (about shoulder length) but I reckon a good few inches will need to he chopped off I will take all your advice on board, I didn't realise things such as excessive lathering and scrubbin the scalp made a difference :eek: so I will work on this too. First things first, go to the hairdressers :/ I've never really taken great care of my hair, so this will be a shake up. New hair and a new routine!
    No problem glad I could help

Yeah - I know it's annoying! I spent aaages (over 2 years -.-) growing my hair long, past my shoulders, and it was so frustrating getting it cut to between chin and shoulder length simply because it was so damaged. But it does feel nice to have a sort of "fresh-start" with your hair and get rid of bad habits.

I didn't know either until my hairdresser was talking to me about how I could prevent damaging my hair again after I'd had it cut. I'd always assumed hair was pretty resilient and it was only excessive straightening / blow-drying that would be bad for it, but then she reeled off a long list of things I shouldn't be doing. Took me by surprise but turns out she was right haha

Ah, sounds like a good plan, good luck

ReputationRep:
    the aussie 3 minute miracle treatments do wonders for my hair which i straighten every day and dye with 30 / 40 vol peroxide every few weeks. They manage to restore my hair almost to its original curlyness which really is an achievement considering it stopped being like that years ago!

Moroccan oil products are absolutely amazing too but the proper ones are expensive (not the £2 argan oil rubbish from primark! )

Washing it with water as cold as you can stand prevents damage (i only started doing this to stop my hair dye fading! :P ) it makes it really shiny

you can also train your hair to go without washing for longer, i can wash my hair only twice a week (i still shower obv.) and it only just starts to get greasy, dry shampoo is also a god

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.