Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Anyone watch Broadchurch? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I watched it last week and loved it, definitely watching tonight.

What's other people's thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I watched it too and thought it was good I am looking forwards to the story unravelling over the next few weeks. I really want to find out what that kid was deleting off his phone. Reckon the Dad will have been having an affair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madam, I'm Adam)
    Yeah I watched it too and thought it was good I am looking forwards to the story unravelling over the next few weeks. I really want to find out what that kid was deleting off his phone. Reckon the Dad will have been having an affair.
    Me too, I also thought it was a bit dodgy that the sister's boyfriend was checking with her that she hadn't told the police that they were together.....don't think he actually did it but maybe he has some part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpottedZebra)
    Me too, I also thought it was a bit dodgy that the sister's boyfriend was checking with her that she hadn't told the police that they were together.....don't think he actually did it but maybe he has some part?
    Was good again tonight I thought! Pauline Quirke's character looks proper dodgy but that usually means it won't be her. I wonder how the Dad will explain the fingerprints away?

But yeah sister's boyfriend and Argus Filch character look like the next suspects....

ReputationRep:
    Surely it was the Dad. But then it never is the person you expect.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I loved it last night I reckon they'll go through pretty much every character being a suspect until we finally find out who it is!

I'm interested to see what the boy's friend was deleting from his phone and his facebook, and what is was to do with David Tennant and the physic telling him something about a locket?

ReputationRep:
    Just watched Ep 2. Looks like a fairly standard cop-crime series but the way it's shot and put together makes it worth watching. It's the South-West does The Killing in my eyes. Only at one point have I thought of David Tennant as Doctor Who so it's going quite well in that regard also.

I'm hoping the physic turns out to be of little significance (i.e. just a nutcase) or actually turns out to be involved through rational plot points. I can't be doing with unexplained threads at the end of a series. This far in and there's only two characters I'd be fairly sure weren't involved. Looking forward to next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prandtl)
    Just watched Ep 2. Looks like a fairly standard cop-crime series but the way it's shot and put together makes it worth watching. It's the South-West does The Killing in my eyes. Only at one point have I thought of David Tennant as Doctor Who so it's going quite well in that regard also.

I'm hoping the physic turns out to be of little significance (i.e. just a nutcase) or actually turns out to be involved through rational plot points. I can't be doing with unexplained threads at the end of a series. This far in and there's only two characters I'd be fairly sure weren't involved. Looking forward to next week
    Very true i like the fact that you have a reason to be suspicious about a lot of the characters, keeps you interested im already feeling like i cant wait until monday for the next episode!

ReputationRep:
    I started watching it because i used to go the beach and town it is filmed in as a kid quite a lot. Also parts of it are filmed in the town i live in.
    Was surprised how much i got into it after the first episode though. I think its a pretty good series so far and I really like murder mysteries like this that are a bit darker than normal.
    Not sure who its gonna turn out to be though. The postman guy made a phone call after he had spoken to DI Hardy and Miller and the creepy lady living in the caravan may have had something to do with it due to the skateboard in her closet but they may also just be a distraction from the real killer.
    The bit when the mother went shopping and the whole coco pops thing made me cringe as well as the bit with the telephone engineer.
    I think the picture of the girl in DI Hardy's wallet is his daughter that may have died or he may have lost in a similar situation, hence why he has a cold essence about him and why he seems pretty determined to find the killer.

Next episode in 15 mins wooo :banana:

ReputationRep:
    I do. I find it so so. It's fairly engaging, but I think it's a bit over the top with it's use of slow motions and dramatic music and I think the acting is a bit ropey at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophiealyssa)
    I started watching it because i used to go the beach and town it is filmed in as a kid quite a lot. Also parts of it are filmed in the town i live in.
    Was surprised how much i got into it after the first episode though. I think its a pretty good series so far and I really like murder mysteries like this that are a bit darker than normal.
    Not sure who its gonna turn out to be though. The postman guy made a phone call after he had spoken to DI Hardy and Miller and the creepy lady living in the caravan may have had something to do with it due to the skateboard in her closet but they may also just be a distraction from the real killer.
    The bit when the mother went shopping and the whole coco pops thing made me cringe as well as the bit with the telephone engineer.
    I think the picture of the girl in DI Hardy's wallet is his daughter that may have died or he may have lost in a similar situation, hence why he has a cold essence about him and why he seems pretty determined to find the killer.

Next episode in 15 mins wooo :banana:
    Loved the episode last night The dad does seem very dodgy, but having said that I don't think they'd reveal who it really was so early in the series. I'm curious about the psychic who told the mum that it was someone close to him that did it....he was right about David Tennant so I don't know if he's right about this?

ReputationRep:
    I've recorded it so I can watch them all at once The adverts look good though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennie027)
    I've recorded it so I can watch them all at once The adverts look good though!
    Believe me, you get addicted!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why Mark Latimer was freed. I know he was arrested for refusing to cooperate, and was released once they found out where he was- but what about the blood in the beach hut? That wasn't even mentioned, and I would have thought it was pretty significant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I'm not sure why Mark Latimer was freed. I know he was arrested for refusing to cooperate, and was released once they found out where he was- but what about the blood in the beach hut? That wasn't even mentioned, and I would have thought it was pretty significant!
    I'm a bit confused about that too! And I'm not sure whether its Mark or the woman with the keys to the hut that's lying about whether he was doing the plumbing in there that night.

But at the end of the programme when Mark when to meet that other woman, she said to him something like 'so i got you out'. I think she might have said something to the police that made them let him go home.

ReputationRep:
    Believe me, you get addicted!
    Haha, good. I love a good drama! I like to watch a series all at once. I record them and then when the last episode has been on I sit down with my mum and we watch it all the way through, from beginning to end!

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused about that too! And I'm not sure whether its Mark or the woman with the keys to the hut that's lying about whether he was doing the plumbing in there that night.

But at the end of the programme when Mark when to meet that other woman, she said to him something like 'so i got you out'. I think she might have said something to the police that made them let him go home.
    Well I think Pauline Quirk looks pretty shady, plus she had Danny's skateboard in her wardrobe last week! Unsure about the plumbing.. will have to see how that one pans out!

The other woman just told the police that they'd been having an affair and that they'd been together that night, I think.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think Pauline Quirk looks pretty shady, plus she had Danny's skateboard in her wardrobe last week! Unsure about the plumbing.. will have to see how that one pans out!

The other woman just told the police that they'd been having an affair and that they'd been together that night, I think.
    Oh right, maybe I'm wrong then, I wonder why they did let him out.....

She does look shady, I think there's a possibility it was actually her that did it. But having said that, I'd say there's a lot of people that are involved in some way. Im slightly suspicious of the vicar?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, maybe I'm wrong then, I wonder why they did let him out.....

She does look shady, I think there's a possibility it was actually her that did it. But having said that, I'd say there's a lot of people that are involved in some way. Im slightly suspicious of the vicar?
    I'm suspicious of everyone, to be honest. That's what's great (and slightly annoying) about these dramas.. literally everyone had the chance to do it! But I'm just hoping it's not a let down when it's revealed. I don't know if you watched BB1's "Mayday" recently, but I felt completely let down by the end of that, so just hoping this one is better!

ReputationRep:
    I'm suspicious of everyone, to be honest. That's what's great (and slightly annoying) about these dramas.. literally everyone had the chance to do it! But I'm just hoping it's not a let down when it's revealed. I don't know if you watched BB1's "Mayday" recently, but I felt completely let down by the end of that, so just hoping this one is better!
    No I didn't watch that, but I agree, I hope it's a good ending! But I'm hopeful it will be, the storyline's been very good so far I think the actor of the mum is a fantastic actor

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.