Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Anyone watch Broadchurch? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I'm not sure why Mark Latimer was freed. I know he was arrested for refusing to cooperate, and was released once they found out where he was- but what about the blood in the beach hut? That wasn't even mentioned, and I would have thought it was pretty significant!
    I think they covered the blood bit when Mark explained that it was Danny's when he had cut his foot open. All that music, and that melancholic delivery made it certain :P

But then was that the boat burning at the end of the episode?

It can't be the dad. It's jut too obvious, and they've put it in as a red herring way too early on. Plus with the psychic saying that it's someone the mum knows really well. Unless it turns out to be DS Miller (is that her name? Sophie from peep show??) Ooh. Thst'd be good! But we don't really know any other links to the family yet. Unless its Tom? Ooh... Twist.

(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
    I'm suspicious of everyone, to be honest. That's what's great (and slightly annoying) about these dramas.. literally everyone had the chance to do it! But I'm just hoping it's not a let down when it's revealed. I don't know if you watched BB1's "Mayday" recently, but I felt completely let down by the end of that, so just hoping this one is better!
    Me too! So let down with Mayday! I'm sorry, but what actually happened?! I was a little scared when the brought in the BT psychic, but I think that's just a little side plot.

It's interesting someone mentioned the vicar. It is someone the mum knows well.... But noo! Not Rory! (Dr Who fans will understand :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    I think they covered the blood bit when Mark explained that it was Danny's when he had cut his foot open. All that music, and that melancholic delivery made it certain :P

But then was that the boat burning at the end of the episode?

It can't be the dad. It's jut too obvious, and they've put it in as a red herring way too early on. Plus with the psychic saying that it's someone the mum knows really well. Unless it turns out to be DS Miller (is that her name? Sophie from peep show??) Ooh. Thst'd be good! But we don't really know any other links to the family yet. Unless its Tom? Ooh... Twist.

Me too! So let down with Mayday! I'm sorry, but what actually happened?! I was a little scared when the brought in the BT psychic, but I think that's just a little side plot.

It's interesting someone mentioned the vicar. It is someone the mum knows well.... But noo! Not Rory! (Dr Who fans will understand :P)
    Ooh I never thought it could actually be DS Miller, that's an interesting thought!

ReputationRep:
    Also, have you heard that the writer didn't tell any of the actors who the killer actually was? Makes it interesting. But then, I hope he did actually tell the killer that he was the killer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mother_Russia)
    Also, have you heard that the writer didn't tell any of the actors who the killer actually was? Makes it interesting. But then, I hope he did actually tell the killer that he was the killer...
    Really? That's a good idea actually

ReputationRep:
    I want to know whodunnit! I just have no idea at the moment, but agree that it would be too obvious to be the Dad. They did say before that it was a man (or someone with large hands) and we've still not seen much of sister's boyfriend or the newsagent? And vicar and psychic are other possibles (and Pauline Quirke too). I think it's unlikely to be DS Miller, just no motive at all (same as unlikely without a major twist to be mother, sister, gran or journos)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madam, I'm Adam)
    I want to know whodunnit! I just have no idea at the moment, but agree that it would be too obvious to be the Dad. They did say before that it was a man (or someone with large hands) and we've still not seen much of sister's boyfriend or the newsagent? And vicar and psychic are other possibles (and Pauline Quirke too). I think it's unlikely to be DS Miller, just no motive at all (same as unlikely without a major twist to be mother, sister, gran or journos)
    I never thought about it being the psychic but I suppose that's a possiblity....I agree that the sister's boyfriend is dodgy....especially as he asked her not to tell anyone that they're together

ReputationRep:
    The psychological stuff really irritates me. How many slow motions and 'eerie' violin music snippets do they need!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Existentialgrad)
    The psychological stuff really irritates me. How many slow motions and 'eerie' violin music snippets do they need!
    haha yeah the slow motion bits get a tad boring but honestly I think it adds a bit more emotion and kinda captivates the scene by making it seem darker

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched episode 4 last night?
    Could think it was Susan - why did she write a different name?
    Or that bold guy who works with the dad or the old guy at the end burning the pictures of Danny :s... man theres soo many people who couldve done it!!
    Any thoughts on what could happen next??

ReputationRep:
    I think it was Nige, the guy that works with the Dad. Susan must have a part to play too because she's freaking creepy as. Plus both of them were communicating early in the episode about something, even if they haven't killed Danny they were part of something horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think Jack and Paul are red herrings but I may be wrong..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys just found this thread! I have a theory about the whole Susan/Elaine thing...

Do you think that perhaps they're twins? Possibly the one in the newspaper is the owner of the house on the cliff who gave the key to Mark Latymer, and the creepy one we see didn't give the key but is somehow involved (with the skateboard etc)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hlangshaw1)
    Hey guys just found this thread! I have a theory about the whole Susan/Elaine thing...

Do you think that perhaps they're twins? Possibly the one in the newspaper is the owner of the house on the cliff who gave the key to Mark Latymer, and the creepy one we see didn't give the key but is somehow involved (with the skateboard etc)...
    Hmm that's an interesting idea....possibly....but if they are, they do have very similar personalities....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hlangshaw1)

That's an interesting theory - there have got to be some twists like this over the next few eps and this sounds like the sort of thing.

There have got to be more connections between some of the people too. I missed some bits of the last ep but has the mum's pregnancy been mentioned again? Thats got to be significant (not sure why or how)

I'm still enjoying this but getting very impatient to find out now! There are just too many possibilities!!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it was just one person i think there were a few people involved in Danny's murder.
    Loved this last episode though, really gave some interesting and well needed background information about several people.

I think there are a lot of distractions put in and its really hard to tell what is genuinley linked to the murder and whats just a red herring. I think the whole thing with Jack Marshal (the guy who works in the newsagents) is just a red herring i think it would be kinda too obvious if he did it especially because there are just too many motives for why he did it including when they said there was a similar crime where he used to live.

Nige and Susan/Elaine are definitely in on something together and if you remember when Nige saw Olly and Karen walking up to him he quickly flung a blanket over what looked like a crossbow in the back of his van. Theres also the fact that Danny's skaetboard is in Susans cupboard so she is looking more and more likely.

Someone i dont think many people have considered is Olly. He doesnt seem like the kind of person that would commit such a crime but he did publish the whole story right at the begining so is obviously capable of doing something he knows is morally wrong just for the sake of his career.

Someone who hasnt been properly introduced yet is Chloe Latimers boyfriend. Anybody wonder if he has anything to do with it?

I also think DI Hardy could be a suspect. He comes across as really cold and there is obviously more to his history than just a divorce. Also, it might just be me but Susan/Elaine keeps checking up on him. Saying "alright" and things. As if she knows something about DI Hardy that he doesnt even know about himself.
    I also loved how in this last episode DI Hardy swapped roles a bit with DS Miller. DI Miller is becoming more involved in the murder investigation and being a bit tougher whilst DI Hardy is becoming a bit softer.

Steve the psychic guy also had a reeeally over the top reaction when his past was revealed to the Latimers by DI Hardy. He sat in his van crying and looking really distraught.

Also no one actually knows who owns the hut on the cliff as of yet. It may actually be somebody that has already been introduced.

ReputationRep:
    I always end up getting sucked into shows like this and while the slow motion and dramatic music is a bit OTT at times it's a really intriguing show.

I'm completely baffled as to who it is. I don't think it's the dad or Jack, too obvious. We still haven't found out why Danny's best friend deleted all those text messages/what the text messages were and I bet they have something to do with. Not sure how I feel about Nige, I think he's definitely hiding something and am I right in thinking it's still not been explained why Susan has Danny's skateboard? Definitely something up there...

ReputationRep:
    The latest episode has started off boring. Took 30 second for the obligatory slow motion, and now it's all a bit soapy, with the couple arguing about the bloke sleeping with another woman :unimpressed:

Not a great fan of the female detective from the town. Something about her just grates. Can't even remember her name, she's so unsensational.

ReputationRep:
    Actually felt so bad for the old man in this episode, was such a sad situation for him.
    I really think it might be the dads plumbing partner, something about him just doesn't seem right and he was so keen to blame someone else. Also think that caravan woman is very suspicious, especially after inviting millers son to walk her dog, what is that all about.

ReputationRep:
    I think Millers husband...would explain the weird kid

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.