Has anyone got any tips or advise for people who take history gcse
    Please comment below
    Thank you
    Sophie xx

ReputationRep:
    Exdexcel SHP History B syllabus
    Crime & punishment & protests

ReputationRep:
    its easy, i got a A in it two years ago. Best way to revise is cards with a question on one side answer on the other, test yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you do you have any other tips

ReputationRep:
    For the indepth bit, mine was American West for reference, I made a massive timeline out of post it notes and stuck it on my wall so I could glance up at it every so often, then I'd get my sister to take some down and test myself that way. I did similar for the development over time (Medicine) but arranged it differently, so I had a section with a heading for a time period then everything I needed to know in date order underneath each, colour coded for factors. My teacher used to do quizzes at the start of each lesson too, about 15 questions like 'who invented the NHS?' and 'what year did xxx happen?' but we might be doing a lesson on homesteaders and she'd ask us a medicine question to make sure we hadn't forgotten it all. I got an A* overall.

ReputationRep:
    I did that exam and got 100%
    I would recommend that you know all the content to a certain degree of depth.
    Analyse the mark schemes, there's material on the student synopsis of the mark scheme, so you can ensure you include all the content. Upon having your point, back it up with evidence from the time and the effect that this has/had and to what extent etc. depending on the context of the question. This works for most questions, and ensure you include judgement for the exam. It doesn't matter whether your perspective is right or not in terms of your judgement, it's how you support your answers (quotes and evidence from that time), and explain the statuary effect it had (etc. therefore illustrating media distribution effectively influenced the raised awareness concerning domestic violence etc.)
    Your writing style should be cohesive, and flow, and give a comprehensive outlook on things, look at the marks for questions and time management as with all essay writing exams is essential.
    I hope that helped and PM me if you have any more queries

ReputationRep:
    Thank You
    Sophie xx

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.