Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    It was always in my assumption that a teacher is there to teach, as a lecturer is there to lecture. The Global studies department at Nottingham Trent University is a waste of time. You pay thousands of pounds to learn and yet receive a 1/2 standard degree that isn’t worth the paper that it is written on. Before today I would always speak highly of the teaching staff at Trent, today my opinion has fully changed.Do not get me wrong I have always felt that the strength in the teaching staff is average however, I now feel that rather giving their students help and will to succeed that actually they do the opposite. Finding their feedback to be a waste of time, as they actaully do not help, and fail to pinpoint defects in your essay that they then find when giving your work its final mark. Providing inadequate feedback not only before submission but after.Thanks to the departments lack of competence I am now looking at a lower class degree than I deserve. For those of you out there, who are considering Nottingham Trent University, check around for other courses, as the teaching staff here, really need reviewing.

ReputationRep:
    Really?? I am doing French and Chinese this year I have an unconditional confirmed place but I am considering dropping French to do Global Studies and Chinese instead as it seems SO interesting! I have been debating between Global Studies and International Relations....

How long have you been doing Global Studies at NTU? Can you tell me anymore about it please?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.