Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need to find this case R v Ali [1999] 2 Archbold News 2, CA.

I have looked for this case electronically, ie. on Westlaw and Lexis Nexis however I cannot find it. I do not understand the citation either; what does 'Archbold' mean?

Does anyone know where I'll be able to find it?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by char160)
    Hi,

I need to find this case R v Ali [1999] 2 Archbold News 2, CA.

I have looked for this case electronically, ie. on Westlaw and Lexis Nexis however I cannot find it. I do not understand the citation either; what does 'Archbold' mean?

Does anyone know where I'll be able to find it?

Thanks.
    It appears to be an unreported case. Best I can find is a case comment here:

R. v Ali (Asgar) [1999] Crim. L.R. 663 (CA (Crim Div))

That's the August 1999 edition of Criminal Law Review at page 663, if you have to search it manually on Westlaw. The citation you have refers to the up-dates to Archbold's Criminal Pleading, Evidence and Practice. They're available on Westlaw but I can't find page 2 of any of the editions. You may have to look for a print edition in your library.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.