The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language

Hi, for my English work I have to write a short story(600 words) based on a Shakespeare quote. This is the quote I've chosen “Be not afeard. The isle is full of noises, Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.” and basically, I've written half of it but I can't think of anything else to write or how to finish it. The piece has to be really descriptive, and I was just wondering if anyone has any improvements I could make or ideas on what else to write? This is it so far...

17th of April, 2006

I am writing this diary for the sake of my dear loved ones, in the hope that one day they will somehow find this record of my experience, and it will give them some knowledge and an explanation about what I believe will be the last days of my life.

Even in myself, I am still unclear of the dreadful events that have landed me in this situation. The first few hours after the crash are a blur; like my mind is trying to protect me by eliminating the horrific images from my memory. The plane had reacted with the water like a lump of potassium; the fire it produced was a ferocious dragon, encircling us within its treacherous horns along its spine. Many passengers died almost instantly, swallowed up by the dragon’s searing maw. I alone managed to reach the shore of this very island. Once upon the beach my senses had begun to return as I struggled to sit up, spitting out a mouthful of grainy sand. The bright tropical sun pierced through my eyelids as I had made a feeble attempt to block out the burning light with my shaking hand, in order to look around at my new surroundings. There was nothing else anywhere to be seen. No boats, no people, nothing. Yet I still felt uneasy, and I still do. Like there are a thousand prying eyes surveying me everywhere I go from deep in the dark shadows of the forest, where I have yet to find the confidence to venture.

I'm writing it as two diary entries, so I still have another one to write. I was thinking he maybe falls in love with the island but I'm not sure how to write it? I know I'm not the best at English so any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending