Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Justin Bieber is going off the rails? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know people his age that do much worse!
    He is still young & wants to have fun, the media over exaggerates everything he does.
    I prefer people in the public eye that seem real and not perfect which is the way he is!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    In the past few months there's been countless videos of him clashing with paparazzi, he's been drinking/drugs (I personally don't care) after he vowed never to touch it, he faints in one of the O2 shows, is late for one and then he cancelled two in Portugal.

Having seen his countless good natured behaviour, this is quite a suprise. He was never really seen as douchey behind the scenes unlike One Direction, but more friendly and gracious.

But now he seems to have become a total ****

why?
    FIRSTLY

I went to his concert the night he was supposedly '2 hours late'. Its such a shame to see the amount of rubbish made up in the media, its even more sad that people choose to believe this.
    He was late but it was due to technical faults - he was just over half an hour late and apologised numerous times throughout the whole show.

If you were 19 years old and someone was shouting abuse not just about you but your family and shouting racist comments then im sure you will get to the point wher you just had enough.

How many teenagers dont drink/smoke/etc?

I think everyone just WANTS him to 'breakdown' because they are negative people and its 'cool' to hate justin bieber. Its a shame that the world is like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhJoy)
    I know people his age that do much worse!
    He is still young & wants to have fun, the media over exaggerates everything he does.
    I prefer people in the public eye that seem real and not perfect which is the way he is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bieber is the least 'real' celebrity there is. He has a team of publicists whose job it is to make him look as clean-cut and non-threatening as possible. His whole image relies on him coming across as perfect as possible otherwise he wouldn't have an army of 12 year old fans obsessing over him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    In the past few months there's been countless videos of him clashing with paparazzi, he's been drinking/drugs (I personally don't care) after he vowed never to touch it, he faints in one of the O2 shows, is late for one and then he cancelled two in Portugal.

Having seen his countless good natured behaviour, this is quite a suprise. He was never really seen as douchey behind the scenes unlike One Direction, but more friendly and gracious.

But now he seems to have become a total ****

why?

The papz behave like total asses sometimes - they get right in his face sometimes... sometimes JB just wants a break But I don't feel he behaves in an unacceptable way.

As for drinking and drugs - he may be stressed... may just wanna relax and have some fun - it is his life afterall.

Edit : Thanks for the neg
    Feel free to neg me more ... Anyone

ReputationRep:
    this is what happens with these young ultra-celebs, it's a tried and tested progression.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    I gained the slightest bit of respect for him as a person when he went against "the man" and toked up... but then he apologised for it! You'd never see Keith Richards apologising for his drug use.
    Damn straight - apologising for drug use made my view of him dimmer than it ever was. He's already a talentless **** wand, but now he's a pathetic little suck-up as well.

Still, he's said he'll never come back to the UK, so that's good enough for me. Maybe he could block his 'music' from coming here as well? :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think Justin Bieber's gone off the rails, enough said.

ReputationRep:
    When was he ever on the rails?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but guys, have you seen the whole video? What the paps were saying to him? They were provoking him and he had just left hospital after having problems with his breathing. Yes he drinks, but so does every other 19 year old. Yes he did weed once but he apologized and vowed to never do it again. His mother and all of his crew are good people and they're keeping him grounded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo1995)
    The papz behave like total asses sometimes - they get right in his face sometimes... sometimes JB just wants a break But I don't feel he behaves in an unacceptable way.

As for drinking and drugs - he may be stressed... may just wanna relax and have some fun - it is his life afterall.
    So you don't mind him turning up to a concert 2 hours late, ordering people out of restaurants like he's royalty or saying rape victims shouldn't be allowed abortions?

ReputationRep:
    Most likely he is trying to attract attention due to losing popularity due to increased competition from other artists such as One Direction - it seems there are not enough pre-pubescent girls to go around.

ReputationRep:
    The media is just amplifying all his actions and making stuff up, he's surrounded by good people, and I don't think he's "going off the rails" by any degree. The media, always has, and probably always will, try their best to present him in a negative light, often making stuff up, so if you believe everything you read then yes, it may seem he's going "off the rails", but in reality, that's not the case.

ReputationRep:
    It happens to all young people who become too famous. It's not a natural way of living.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomclarky)
    or saying rape victims shouldn't be allowed abortions?
    He actually said that?

ReputationRep:
    If he actually did go off the rails I might have some respect for him.

At the moment though, he's a cocky **** with a media team selling him to 12 year old girls. These 12 year old girls want to know everything about him, that in turn is a huge part of why he's as big as he is, but then he gets pissed off at the people that follow him around to feed his crazed fans' addiction.

You wanna be clean cut, be a Jonas Brother, you wanna go off the rails, be like Lindsay Lohan. Don't try to do a bit of this, a bit of that and then be a **** about it.

ReputationRep:
    There's an interesting article about Bieber in the London Review of Books this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandabird)
    He actually said that?
    Yeah, "everything happens for a reason" he said.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/02/17...esult-of-rape/

ReputationRep:
    So you don't mind him turning up to a concert 2 hours late, ordering people out of restaurants like he's royalty or saying rape victims shouldn't be allowed abortions?
    But he also said : “I don’t know how that would be a reason,” he added. “I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

Besides that was in 2011, so quite a while àgo in my oppinion.
    He was just stating what he thought ... He has a right to tbh - I do stuff like that in r.e lessons - different people have different thought on particular issues in life I guess.

You can hardly blame him - its the only way he knows - people hàve let him behave that way - giving him power and crazy attention. He is no worse that the spoilt brats you see on MIC and co

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, "everything happens for a reason" he said.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/02/17...esult-of-rape/
    That's just another example of the media misrepresenting. How do we know he actually said that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhJoy)
    That's just another example of the media misrepresenting. How do we know he actually said that?
    He said it in an interview with Rolling Stone magazine. Nice try.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.