Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

You've just been told you will never be able to have kids... Watch

ReputationRep:
    How would you react if you had just been told you will never be able to have kids due to a problem with your lower region?

Spoiler:
    Show

I'd be really depressed.

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy and I would immediately get off the pill.

ReputationRep:
    I have been told that I may not be able to have them a few years ago. My reaction at the time was just 'oh' but I am still young and it isnt a definite. I would be upset but more for my partner than myself. It wouldnt ruin my life thoughi would probably always wonder what it was like. At least i could give another child a home who didnt have one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Neutral. I don't want kids at all, so I wouldn't feel depressed or anything, but I might feel a bit down that the choice is now out of my hands.

ReputationRep:
    I'd adopt, although I'd feel sorry for my parents not having any true grandchildren because I'm an only child. But then again it's likely I'll have some kind of problem because my parents had a bit of trouble having me, otherwise I'd have a little brother or sister as well.

ReputationRep:
    Not bothered in the slightest, never wanted them and never will. Wouldn't have to worry about contraception ever again

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel indifferent to start with, but with time I can imagine it'll become rather upsetting. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I would be really upset and down, I've always wanted kids of my own, little me's. I wouldn't be too upset if my husband couldn't provide me with children, but personality, since I've been young, I've always wanted my own ones.

I have considered adoption, but alongside having my own too.

But I mean, if it is God's will and plan, if that will lead me to adopting children whose mother I'm meant to be, then I'm sure I will be fine with it.

My best friend was told she couldn't get kids of her own, her boyfriend supported her and all, she's a Christian, she cried and was upset on the day she find out and told me. But Since then, she's been fine, she doesn't seem to let it upset her or bring her down, she seems normal. She is normal.

There was another christian girl I met years back, around 4/6 years ago, when she was 18 she had a dream and afterwards with her boyfriend she went to the hospital to check whether she could get pregnant. She cried so much when she was telling us that she couldn't get pregnant, her boyfriend and parents were very supportive. I've not seen her since, but I'm sure she's fine and will probably consider adoption later on when she wants them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be sad, but would simply adopt instead. An adopted child would mean just as much to me as one I gave birth to.

ReputationRep:
    Thank god. I never want kids but the idea of a vasectomy scares me. Sharp objects and genitals do not mix. Being infertile would actually be ideal for me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want kids so wouldn't bother me, if I ever get married and my wife wanted kids we could adopt instead, which seems more moral anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I have pcos, so who knows, this may be a reality for me in the future
    :sadnod: thanks for reminding me :sad::sigh:
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit sad utterly devastated. I do eventually hope to start a family, so it would come as a bit of a blow.
    EDIT - having thought about it a bit more I realised how utterly life-changing it would be. A terrifying prospect.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one here that would be devastated?

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 17 but that is honestly my biggest worry and fear...

ReputationRep:
    As a male, of course I'd be devastated, but not so much as a female would be. I'm incredibly close to my brother and I know he would donate his sperm so that I could have a child with my partner. It's much, much more problematic if you're female.

So sure I'd be devastated, but it's actually that much of a problem for me personally.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be upset but I think the biggest thing to deal with regarding this would be the guilt you'd feel not being able to give your partner a child.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd be pleased (I don't want kids).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex193)
    I'd be a bit sad utterly devastated. I do eventually hope to start a family, so it would come as a bit of a blow.
    EDIT - having thought about it a bit more I realised how utterly life-changing it would be. A terrifying prospect.
    Yep. Especially when you think that you're not going to be able to bring up children and see them go from babies to working adults. And if you can't have kids, your family will end there- no kids, no grandchildren etc.

----------------

Adopting is fine, but in my opinion it's not the same. You can either bring up your own flesh and blood, or you can bring up someone else's. That may be good for some people, but I would always have that tiny little thought that they were born from someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't bother me. Not interested in having kids.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.