Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

You've just been told you will never be able to have kids... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, it would kill me, having children is something I've always dreamed of being able to do, I myself didn't grow up with my own parents around and I would love to be able to give my children the home life I never had, not that mine wasn't good, but I've always dreamed of having the perfect little mother and father lifestyle for my children, however it wouldn't be the end of the world, the option of adoption, and even IVF are still out there.

ReputationRep:
    I have plenty of friends, I'm sure I'd find one that would be willing to do my wife.

And then if we ever break up, they'll be stuck with the child support payments. Win win!

This post is a joke obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    I would be happy and I would immediately get off the pill.
    That's the student spirit!

Very happy.

ReputationRep:
    I would probably go "YES!" and try not to jump around the room. It would be saving me from the tubal ligation procedure and lots of worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be more disappointed than I think I would be. At the moment I don't particularly want kids but I'd like to make that decision myself, not have it made for me (either by nature or someone telling me so).

ReputationRep:
    I would be devastated.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone can answer this question unless they have actually been told they can't have children - thinking about it and then actually living through it are two very different things, I'm sure.

At first when I clicked on this post, I thought, "Ah I wouldn't be toooo upset - I can always adopt!". After all, adoption is an amazing thing to do and you will still have a child to love and bring up. But after thinking about it some more... I realised I'd probably be pretty devastated. The thought of one day conceiving and carrying a child is pretty scary (labour, eek) but it's also something amazing and fulfilling. Having the choice to go through that that taken away, and having to face the difficult and often long processes of adoption or surrogacy would be quite heart-breaking.

I don't think I'll ever know for sure unless it happens to me :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I would be really upset.

I've always wanted a kid or a couple of kids, I think it's the idea of having my own family and having them grow up and have people saw "Wow, you really look alike" to my children and all that. I'd love to see how my children would turn out (perhaps not the most suitable way of putting it) and grow up.

Although, I would definitely not rule out adoption if I were told I couldn't conceive my own child. I think adoption is wonderful, and would love to be a part of that.

ReputationRep:
    As bad as it sounds, I'd probably start fist pumping and happy dancing. The doctors would probably be freaked out, but at least they wouldn't waste their time giving me adoption leaflets. I'd also sit in the back laughing during Family Planning talks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Devastated.
    I don't want children now but I want them in the future. As crazy as it sounds I'd probably still try

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Devastated. Immediately try to acclimatise to adoption and explore that path.

ReputationRep:
    I would be really upset if i wasn't able to have kids and would deep down fear that my partner would leave me for someone who can give her children.
    It is a very scary but saddening thought...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I would be over the moon. I never want kids and if I had a problem with my reproductive organs, it would be a blessing. I wouldn't have to take the pill every day and I wouldn't have to go and get sterilized. It would make my life much easier tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I would be absolutely devastated. No lie, I would definitely go into a deep depression.

ReputationRep:
    I would jump off the nearest bridge. If I can't have children I will afflict copious amounts of rage upon the world. I'll go Kratos-style and ****. My life would be haunted forever, one of my three purposes for being born would be eliminated.
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Devasted. I really want children when I'm older. I even know a name that I might use for one of them.

ReputationRep:
    I would be very upset. But then there is the option of adoption. It's not going to be the exact same feeling as carrying a baby but it's the next best thing for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Runninground)
    How would you react if you had just been told you will never be able to have kids due to a problem with your lower region?

Spoiler:
    Show

I'd be really depressed.
    I'd be pretty devastated. I really want kids when I'm older but I would be happy to adopt too. Lots of kids need good homes already.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.