Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Good looking, never had a girlfriend, and want what I can't have... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, I basically work in a small retail shop at the weekend. I got on really well with this girl, I begun to develop feelings for her which to be honest has never happened to me before. We've had a few drunken kisses, she wanted sex, I thought it would be better to deny her this as for once in my life I actually thought I'd like something more than just sex with this girl (silly move as she didnt want more). We still joke around at work as we used to and I know the next time we are both drunk we will end up kissing again, maybe more this time!

So i've tried to forget her and instead of my old ways of trying to pull girls and take them home, I found myself simply pulling these 2 girls on Friday and getting there numbers. I've been texting them both (keeping my options open).....one girl is really keen, texts me back really quickly and wants to do something later in the week.... the other girl is a bit more distant (doesn't give me "x's" at end of texts :eek:) but seems a bit more interesting.

As bad as this may sound, I'm 22 and all i know is ONS. Maybe I'm growing up a bit.... I'm not sure if im ready to ask one of these girls from friday night out on a date, if so which one? Or if I should hold out for the girl I work with and see what happens next time we are out or if she changes her mind?

To sum up, there is 3 girls, 2 who would probably like to go out on a date with me and 1 who seems to just want fun... I want a date with the one who just wants fun, and I think I just want fun with the 2 who want a date. Is this just me wanting what I can't have like a spoiled brat??

ReputationRep:
    I suggest that you see what happens with the girl you work with next time you are out, and if something more happens, then continue it. I think it would be slightly wrong to try and just have fun with either of the other two if they want more.

ReputationRep:
    Have you asked the girl you work with on a date?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    I suggest that you see what happens with the girl you work with next time you are out, and if something more happens, then continue it. I think it would be slightly wrong to try and just have fun with either of the other two if they want more.
    Would it be wrong to go on a date and get to know one of the other girls? Take it day by day.

(Original post by Lala_1234)
    Have you asked the girl you work with on a date?
    Yeah, she said she didn't know and she was confused blah blah, then she was saying some crap about I should meet her friend (as I brought up the subject of having a missed call from a number weeks previous which I had discovered was her number and she said it was her friend who had tried calling me - dunno why as never met this friend.... this was when we were drunk). She had a long term boyfriend for the past few years and she dumped him in may and wants to be single for now I believe.

Maybe if I move on it will show her what she's missing out on?

ReputationRep:
    If the girl you want something more with isn't really interested, I wouldn't get too hung up on her. You don't want to spend your time holding out for her, when you could meet another girl who you like and who does want something more too.

ReputationRep:
    So you'd rather use the girls who want to date you but hate being used by the girl who you want to date? Good logic.

Go for someone who is attracted to you on the same level, dating is more than having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj)
    So you'd rather use the girls who want to date you but hate being used by the girl who you want to date? Good logic.

Go for someone who is attracted to you on the same level, dating is more than having sex.
    I didn't say dating was just sex :confused:

Also I'm not using the other girls if I'm seriously wanting to move on and give it a go... I'm just not sure whether I should... I'd have no qualms about getting in a relationship with the girl I work with whereas the other two girls I'd really need to take it slow, as I'm unsure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by En237)

Yeah, she said she didn't know and she was confused blah blah, then she was saying some crap about I should meet her friend (as I brought up the subject of having a missed call from a number weeks previous which I had discovered was her number and she said it was her friend who had tried calling me - dunno why as never met this friend.... this was when we were drunk). She had a long term boyfriend for the past few years and she dumped him in may and wants to be single for now I believe.

Maybe if I move on it will show her what she's missing out on?

Yeah, I would stay friends with her, but don't stay hung up on her, try to move on (obviously it is easier said than done), but once you find someone you like equally as much, if not more, than you will start to forget about her

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I would stay friends with her, but don't stay hung up on her, try to move on (obviously it is easier said than done), but once you find someone you like equally as much, if not more, than you will start to forget about her
    We did say (when drunk) we would do something as friends, but when I text her a few days later she was like..."yeah I don't think we should complicate it as we work together and someone will start liking the other more it always happens and I don't want that".

That was a couple months ago.... I've kept my distance as much as possible since then bearing in mind we work in a small shop. We have an upcoming work night out in several weeks time so maybe I should see what happens there?

Or there is these 2 other girls from Friday:
    -Girl 1:
    pros: she's hot, she's German and just here for Uni so will b going home over summer I imagine
    cons: she's not a very good kisser, but we were drunk I suppose and she doesn't give me x's at end of texts (lack of interest?)
    -Girl 2:
    pros: she's cute, seems really into me (her friend told her to go for it she said).
    cons: only 18, not as hot as girl 1, seems a bit too keen!

what should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by En237)
    We did say (when drunk) we would do something as friends, but when I text her a few days later she was like..."yeah I don't think we should complicate it as we work together and someone will start liking the other more it always happens and I don't want that".

That was a couple months ago.... I've kept my distance as much as possible since then bearing in mind we work in a small shop. We have an upcoming work night out in several weeks time so maybe I should see what happens there?

Or there is these 2 other girls from Friday:
    -Girl 1:
    pros: she's hot, she's German and just here for Uni so will b going home over summer I imagine
    cons: she's not a very good kisser, but we were drunk I suppose and she doesn't give me x's at end of texts (lack of interest?)
    -Girl 2:
    pros: she's cute, seems really into me (her friend told her to go for it she said).
    cons: only 18, not as hot as girl 1, seems a bit too keen!

what should I do?
    Don't tie yourself down to just these 3 girls. The girl you work with isn't really interested in a relationship with you, plus I completely agree with not dating someone you work with, I think you would end up getting a bit too ontop of eachother at work but not being able to get away as it is your job. So forget about her. And then the other two girls, you're not really that interested in them anyway. And it would be harsh to lead them on.
    I suggest trying to meet someone new.
    I also don't think meeting people at clubs is really the best way, then again, there aren't many other places to meet people :/ I just think its nicer if you meet someone when you are sober and don't have a drunken kiss with them, that way there is that bit of attraction purely on the fact you haven't kissed them or anything. If you know what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't tie yourself down to just these 3 girls. The girl you work with isn't really interested in a relationship with you, plus I completely agree with not dating someone you work with, I think you would end up getting a bit too ontop of eachother at work but not being able to get away as it is your job. So forget about her. And then the other two girls, you're not really that interested in them anyway. And it would be harsh to lead them on.
    I suggest trying to meet someone new.
    I also don't think meeting people at clubs is really the best way, then again, there aren't many other places to meet people :/ I just think its nicer if you meet someone when you are sober and don't have a drunken kiss with them, that way there is that bit of attraction purely on the fact you haven't kissed them or anything. If you know what I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is if I was going on a date with the girl in work I know I'd just be excited, where as, I've now said ill meet this other German girl at the weekend and I'm more nervous than anything!

You reckon that's just because I know the girl from work and I could think of a million things to talk about because we're comfortable around one another?

Well I meet someone new every week to be honest, but it's all in clubs! There's something about this German girl... Although she said she up for going for a drink at the weekend ... I don't get the feeling she's THAT interested... But I'm beginning to think its the challenge that keeps me interested with girls! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by En237)
    The thing is if I was going on a date with the girl in work I know I'd just be excited, where as, I've now said ill meet this other German girl at the weekend and I'm more nervous than anything!

You reckon that's just because I know the girl from work and I could think of a million things to talk about because we're comfortable around one another?

Well I meet someone new every week to be honest, but it's all in clubs! There's something about this German girl... Although she said she up for going for a drink at the weekend ... I don't get the feeling she's THAT interested... But I'm beginning to think its the challenge that keeps me interested with girls! :/

I don't know because I don't know you.
    Plus people seem to hate my advice on here, I get negged for everything!
    So yeah, just see what happens with whoever you go for I guess

ReputationRep:
    I don't know because I don't know you.
    Plus people seem to hate my advice on here, I get negged for everything!
    So yeah, just see what happens with whoever you go for I guess
    This story just got interesting.

So I went out with one of the girls i met. Date went really well, and I think I want to see her again.

It was only two nights ago I was lying in bed thinking how my feelings for the girl I work with had drastically subsided and almost non-existant in the last couple days. Now today I saw on facebook that shes in a relationship with some guy. Yeah, my heart sank at first but an hour after seeing it and I don't really care.... maybe its for the best! Plus the girl I went out with at the weekend is probably hotter than her! Ye win some... ye lose some...but maybe i've won this time... i'll soon find out!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2013
Poll
Do you prefer hot dogs or burgers?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.