Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone!

I know there are a few Accommodation Threads on this area but thought i'd start this one as applications for September open in less than 3 weeks!

So what is everyone's options? Mine are:

1. St George's
    2. Superior Large En Suite - Parham Student Village
    3. LanFlanc
    4. Large En Suite - Parham Student Village
    5. Dover Street

Mason

ReputationRep:
    1. Parham - double small en suite
    2. parham - small en suite
    3. lanfranc

then i have no idea :P

ReputationRep:
    I did like Parham but it's just so far out from the main town. At St George's I could wake up 30 minutes before my first session and be on time.... And when I go out in the evenings not far to stumble back to bed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, spoke to my family and grandparents who live in Kent, I've decided lanframc as my first, locatio. Is just so much better and I can't afford st George ahha

ReputationRep:
    Oh right. What put you off Parham in the end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to apply for Parham Rd, on the sole (possibly ridiculous) basis that I've had my own double bed for the last 10 years and I'm really not keen on going back to a single! I'm not too fussed about being a little further out, it's still pretty close to campus and the City in the grand scheme of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by squidlington)
    I think I'm going to apply for Parham Rd, on the sole (possibly ridiculous) basis that I've had my own double bed for the last 10 years and I'm really not keen on going back to a single! I'm not too fussed about being a little further out, it's still pretty close to campus and the City in the grand scheme of things
    Not ridiculous at all! That is my sole reason for my options. St George's seems like the best option for me. Double bed all the way!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, im going for lanfranc only because of the distance to parham, the double bed made me want to go for parham a lot more but because im doing primary education i want to be close to the uni as i have lectures like all day so want i am sure sometimes i will need to rush home for lunch etc .. accommodation opens today right?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for Lanfranc too and doing primary education as well. I don't think they will be open today because it is bank holiday. However, I reckon it will be open tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I wasn't working all day tomorrow lol this is the last thing I need to do then I'm all ready for uni lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When does accommodation open!? I haven't been told anything about it yet! Though I've only just put them as my unconditional firm place a few weeks ago....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All they have said at open days was that it would open in early April. So any day now really. I'd imagine some time this week towards the end. Have you joined our Facebook group yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What facebook group? I'm going to the open day this month but I need to get everything sorted soon as I'm in America for 3 months from end of May!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And I'm from Essex too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im thinking of applying to st.georges, it was so nice when i went and right near town, does it have a double bed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you likely to get your first choice does anybody know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna finish my student finance tomorrow and hopefully if acommodation is up get that filled in.
    Just want September to hurry up
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i am also from Essex i think a lot of people come from Essex, very excited to go though and meet people doing Primary Ed. I'm not part of FB group as currently in China doing a gap year, its banned out here *cries* but keep me posted on any updates

ReputationRep:
    Im also from essex doing primary ed, cant wait to start the course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm defintaly applying for St George, I dunno where else though! And yeah I think Canterbury is a good choice for Essex people as its so close!!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.