The Student Room Group

What would you be prouder with?

Poll

Which would you be prouder with?

86 UMS in D1 or 86 UMS in C2?

Thanks for any responses, I have these results and am just wondering are they really equal in terms of achievement needed for them

Scroll to see replies

Why does it matter to you which one you would be prouder of?
Reply 2
Erm... neither?
Reply 3
Original post by 002
86 UMS in D1 or 86 UMS in C2?

Thanks for any responses, I have these results and am just wondering are they really equal in terms of achievement needed for them

Well C2 is very easy, so 86 would be a bit of a downer

Whereas D1 whilst not difficult is well known for loss of easy marks so 86 might not be too disappointing

But -- I guess that this is different for everyone so how does my view really help
Reply 4
Original post by Hormonal
Why does it matter to you which one you would be prouder of?

I just want to find out whether it's retaking one of them (I know which one I want to, so the whole point of this thread is to see if others agree with me)
Original post by 002
I just want to find out whether it's retaking one of them (I know which one I want to, so the whole point of this thread is to see if others agree with me)

If you're gonna retake an exam, you retake it based on which one you feel you'll score higher on, not whether it's an "embarassing" result or not.
Reply 6
Original post by 002

That is a different question

If I were to retake one of those it would be C2 -- after all you will be doing C3 and C4 which will make C2 appear even easier still
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Sitting D1 is a bit of a lottery, so I would be more than happy with 86 in D1. If you're looking to resit, take one of the cores again.
Reply 8
Original post by TenOfThem
That is a different question

If I were to retake one of those it would be C1 -- after all you will be doing C3 and C4 which will make C2 appear even easier still

My C1's alright, I got 97 in it, however I'm definitely retaking my 85 in S1
Reply 9
Original post by 002
My C1's alright, I got 97 in it, however I'm definitely retaking my 85 in S1

yeah, clearly I meant C2
Reply 10
Original post by TenOfThem
yeah, clearly I meant C2

Sorry if I offended you.
Reply 11
Thanks for the responses
Reply 12
Thanks for the votes so far, keep them coming!
86 D1
Reply 14
[INDENT]Thanks for the votes so far, keep them coming![/INDENT]
Whats the point. The majority are saying C2, what will you achieve if either gets a bigger vote? :s
Which ever you found harder?
my friend retook an 80 in D1, she got a higher raw mark the second time but a lower UMS score. in D1 it's so easy to drop marks and the grade boundaries are horrible, there's no guarantee of improvement! C2 is normally easier to improve on if you work for it :smile:
Reply 18
The responses so far have been world class. Please keep them coming!
Reply 19
[INDENT]The responses so far have been world class. Please keep them coming![/INDENT]

Quick Reply

Latest