Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Odd Desire to Cry (Non Emotional) Watch

ReputationRep:
    For a while now, I keep having this random urge to cry. It's not depression, I am not depressed, and I don't feel emotion when it happens. It's usually when someone looks me in the eye or pays attention to me. I start blinking rapidly and then I get a rush of blood to my eyes and my ears.

I usually stretch or hide my face to hide what is going on. The "attack" usually goes away after a minute or so.

It's really starting to get on my nerves. Any advice?

(I am male, not on any medications.)

ReputationRep:
    I think the underlining problem would be social anxiety by what you have said I've heard this mentioned before about people getting watery eyes when talking to someone! it's quite common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel George)
    I think the underlining problem would be social anxiety by what you have said I've heard this mentioned before about people getting watery eyes when talking to someone! it's quite common
    That seems about right, actually. The strange thing is I'm not really that socially anxious much of the time. I think it might be psychological, and has just grown from there.

Thanks a lot, anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The B)
    That seems about right, actually. The strange thing is I'm not really that socially anxious much of the time. I think it might be psychological, and has just grown from there.

Thanks a lot, anyway!
    yeah, I am similar - my eyes water when I am nervous! thats okay should pass!

ReputationRep:
    Let it out? o.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmsavk)
    Let it out? o.0
    Sort of awkward when you're talking to a group of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The B)

Sort of awkward when you're talking to a group of people.
    Sort of awkward when somebody can't read subtext.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.