Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How to comfort girlfriend when going to USA for 9 weeks Watch

Basically in the title. I'm going to work in America for an extended period of time and I will be having amazing experience as a camp leader and then travel after. My girlfriend will be back in UK working over summer and understandable is upset about the whole thing so what ways can I comfort her. I am trying to be understanding and trying to not talk about it since I don't want our last couple of months before I leave to be thinking about that making her sad. Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    it's nine weeks? think of those in the military who go 6+ months without seeing their partner....

sykpe, phone-calls, postcards? nine weeks will go very quickly...

ReputationRep:
    Just tell her you love her and will be thinking of her all the time.
    if you show her how much you love her, she'll find it easier

ReputationRep:
    I guess you could skype-sex

ReputationRep:
    Yea 9 weeks really isnt that long. Encourage her to plan stuff to do, out with friends, a holiday, a new hobby or something to keep her mind busy.

And send her little gifts while you're out there, send postcards and skype so she knows you havent forgotten her

ReputationRep:
    It's just over 2 months! It's not that long!
    She will miss you but she'll live.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you are working late nights in Las Vegas?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.