The Student Room Group

Do part-time jobs in Birmingham exist?

Okay of course they do lol but I feel like I've applied to 5435778,0000 jobs and not had any call backs (boo!) A lot of the time I see many more jobs in other cities though, is Birmingham just lamer than I thought?
Reply 1
Oh believe me, its not just Birmingham. I live in Liverpool and have applied to 100000 jobs and after 2 months I have only heard back from 1 - KFC!!!

I used to live in London and the first time it took me about 2 weeks to find a job. The second time - 1 day!! Its a massive difference.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I live in Birmingham too, I came back home from Stoke on Trent, and in a year there, I had one interview and I probably applied to about 300 jobs. There are more jobs in Birmingham, but they always expect you to stay on permanently, and its a pain. Yesterday, I went to a job interview in West Brom, which was advertised as a temp job, and I was turned away because they said they wanted someone permanent even though it was advertised as a temp job!

I have had two interviews in a week now, so its definitely a lot better than Stoke! I would just keep going at it! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending