Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I got 77 ums in c2 and 74 ums in c3 so there's not much difference between them.
    I need to get an A overall hence I want to retake either c2 or c3 in the summer, however I am having difficulty deciding.
    I have already talked to both my teachers and they've told me nothing helpful.

Pros for c2;
    Slighty easier

Pros for c3;
    More recent
    Scored slightly lower than c2

The thing bothering me the most is that I didn't find c3 that hard, when I was preparing for the exam with past papers I averaged over 80% however I just found the paper in January hard (as did most people I spoke to), so I'm not sure whether the paper in June will be easier or not.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, C2 does have the easier content, as it is only an AS module, compared to C3. However, C3 is mainly just lots of integration, and with practice this becomes straightforward. Also, considering the fact that you'll be using a fair bit of content from C3 in C4, your best bet is probably to go for the C3 retake, considering that your C2 is almost an A anyway.

This is just my opinion, but I hope it helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eggfriedrice)
    I got 77 ums in c2 and 74 ums in c3 so there's not much difference between them.
    I need to get an A overall hence I want to retake either c2 or c3 in the summer, however I am having difficulty deciding.
    I have already talked to both my teachers and they've told me nothing helpful.

Pros for c2;
    Slighty easier

Pros for c3;
    More recent
    Scored slightly lower than c2

The thing bothering me the most is that I didn't find c3 that hard, when I was preparing for the exam with past papers I averaged over 80% however I just found the paper in January hard (as did most people I spoke to), so I'm not sure whether the paper in June will be easier or not.
    Which exam board are you on? If its edexcel, then the trig still comes up in C4 in integration so i don't think it would be that much more difficult to revise for. Also, I doubt they'd make another dificult paper. How about retaking both of them? Or would that be too many exams?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on OCR.

I'm getting a maths tutor soon but he recommended I retake c1 AND c2, I understand his reasoning since they are the two easiest, however I already retook c1 and only managed to get 84 ums. I'm also doing mechanics which is really hard so I'll probably be getting around 70 ums for each m2 and c4, hence I need the best chances I can get.

however I don't want to have too many retakes since I need to get an A in my one chemistry exam, and average an A on my two physics exams.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.