Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Take Me Out: 1 of the worst tv shows? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kandy_Kain_94)
    The women are just on it for the possibility of a free holiday.
    Not true. Otherwise there wouldn't be 'blackouts'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kandy_Kain_94)
    The women are just on it for the possibility of a free holiday.
    How do you know that the male contestants aren't also in it for the same thing. I think most people would be quite keen on a free holiday.

ReputationRep:
    no likey, no watchey.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty much sums up the western culture. I am sorry but its true.

ReputationRep:
    It's a guilty pleasure for me, I have to admit that :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    My housemates watch it sometimes. Once they had a guy who said "I have a degree in something (I can't remember what) from Oxbridge (one of the two unis, I forget which one)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch5MEJk5ZCQ
    Every girl but one turned their light off straight after he said this. I freaking hate people.
    For an extremely blonde second there I thought you meant he actually said "I have a degree in something, I can't remember what" and was confused as to why you wouldn't turn your light off at that.

But yeah the girls turn their lights off at the stupidest of stuff. Like the guy will say I really love my mum and they turn their lights off. Still a guilty pleasure of mine though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tu_es_jolie_x)
    For an extremely blonde second there I thought you meant he actually said "I have a degree in something, I can't remember what" and was confused as to why you wouldn't turn your light off at that.

But yeah the girls turn their lights off at the stupidest of stuff. Like the guy will say I really love my mum and they turn their lights off. Still a guilty pleasure of mine though.
    yeah it was basically, "I have a degree from Oxbridge." Instant lights off. Shows the sort of trash on it. I really can't stand programs like this, it's TV for the ****ing braindead, which sadly most British TV is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metalthrashin'mad)
    yeah it was basically, "I have a degree from Oxbridge." Instant lights off. Shows the sort of trash on it. I really can't stand programs like this, it's TV for the ****ing braindead, which sadly most British TV is
    Alot of British women may not have a detailed knowledge of what Oxford and Cambridge universities are, and may feel quite intimidated if a prospective partner was more academically intelligent than themselves. Also, they may also have a preference based on the type of degree achieved (technical subject vs. humanities subject vs. linguistics etc.). So I'm not sure they can just be dismissed as 'trash'.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's trashy but I do enjoy watching it It wouldn't be any good without Paddy McGuiness though. I think it's a bit of harmless lighthearted fun on a Sat eve really, obviously if you want to watch something highbrow then it's not for you. But the banter is quite funny and I like it when the date really works out even though most of the people probably don't really go on to find a partner (more like getting on TV and free holiday!)

Some of the people are stupid and boring, some seem to be intelligent/interesting/quirky. They do get quite a mix.

I do wonder what would happen if they mixed it up and had 1 girl picking from the boys?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Procastinator)
    It's pretty much sums up the western culture. I am sorry but its true.
    DOWN with light hearted fun :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    DOWN with light hearted fun :mob:
    Yes it's light hearted fun. However that's only cause its a TV show.

This happens in real life too.

ReputationRep:
    No Swag no Vag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora.Rose)
    If you don't like it then why watch it or let it bother you? Many people like different things. Personally i quite like it, especially as theres not normally anything else that i watch at the time it comes on
    I think I am entitled to my opinion.If I don't like it, then I think I am entitled to not liking it. In the same way if someone likes it, then it's fair enough.
    What i'm trying to state is, why would any man go on such a cheesy show? it's like going on Jeremy Kyle.
    Another thing I may add. Is if a show existed with 30 men and 1 woman, then it would be pulled before it aired.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curtis Donovan)
    I think I am entitled to my opinion.If I don't like it, then I think I am entitled to not liking it. In the same way if someone likes it, then it's fair enough.
    What i'm trying to state is, why would any man go on such a cheesy show? it's like going on Jeremy Kyle.
    Another thing I may add. Is if a show existed with 30 men and 1 woman, then it would be pulled before it aired.
    Why? Surely it would be equally entertaining for the same audience?

Also - I'm fairly sure that people get money for going on these shows.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand this show. My sisters watch it because they find it entertaining (I won't lie, some of the stuff can be amusing) but I generally can't stand the women on that show.

As for why do men go on there... Hahaha. Oh dear. I know Marty Scurll (he was on there last year, I think - he's a young wrestler) later said he went on there because of an experience with his ex and decided to get a date on national TV... And isn't really into the girl he ended up with on the show. So... Yeah. Could be any reason. xD

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.