Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    A little under a year ago I bought an asus zenbook. About 2 weeks ago, the screen broke and was fixed under warranty. Now its a fairly expensive bit of kit, and I won't be able to afford to fix it/buy new if it breaks again, and the fact that it broke after 11 months doesn't exactly give me faith...

so anyway, I've been looking for a decent insurance policy. I've managed to get it down to 4.75/month, but was wondering whether anyone had anything better/cheaper to recommend.

The 4.75 covers accidental damage, loss, breakage and theft.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    A little under a year ago I bought an asus zenbook. About 2 weeks ago, the screen broke and was fixed under warranty. Now its a fairly expensive bit of kit, and I won't be able to afford to fix it/buy new if it breaks again, and the fact that it broke after 11 months doesn't exactly give me faith...

so anyway, I've been looking for a decent insurance policy. I've managed to get it down to 4.75/month, but was wondering whether anyone had anything better/cheaper to recommend.

That's a pretty good price from what I know. One thing I'd do is see if you/your parent's bank offer insurance, or see if whoever your parents get home insurance with to see if it would be covered under their contents cover :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)

As Gofre said, look at bank accounts. There are some cracking deals on which cover several items, like mobile phones and laptops, I think the Co-op offer 4 items, covered, for around £9 a month? Worth a look!

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.