Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Resits in year 11? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Im currently in year 10 at a high school in the north east..i completed my core science exams in january, and i dont think i have done that well..i think ive got D,D,C and for my controlled assesment im going to try to get an A, i think my learning wasnt the best and im on AQA Board..my teacher told our class that we cannot resit core science in Year 11..is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Complete lie. Your school might not allow it for a (strange) reason but you could always do it as a private candidate if that is the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damask-)
    Complete lie. Your school might not allow it for a (strange) reason but you could always do it as a private candidate if that is the case.
    How can i do it as a private candidate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj98)
    How can i do it as a private candidate?
    You can google centres near you which let you sit exams as a private candidate, or ask your head of year or something at school.

ReputationRep:
    If your school don't let you resit the exam then you can easily resit as a private candidate. Google for GCSE exam centers in your city and a list of schools and colleges should appear that will allow you to resit the exam.

Contact them and book an exam.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.