Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

advice on how to improve my drawing skills!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    hello there
    so im 20 years old i love to draw but im not really that good at it, at the moment im applying for architecture course in university (i wanna be an architect badly), but i wanna improve my drawing skills.
    these are some of my works i made about a year ago at a level:

http://homiesharre.deviantart.com/gallery/38253844

but the thing is except a few of them, the rest are just copies (not tracing) from another drawings.

so does anyone have any ideas how i can learn to draw and be creative?to make my own drawing?
    and please dont say Keep drawing or find some classes to attend.

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homayoun)
    hello there
    so im 20 years old i love to draw but im not really that good at it, at the moment im applying for architecture course in university (i wanna be an architect badly), but i wanna improve my drawing skills.
    these are some of my works i made about a year ago at a level:

http://homiesharre.deviantart.com/gallery/38253844

but the thing is except a few of them, the rest are just copies (not tracing) from another drawings.

so does anyone have any ideas how i can learn to draw and be creative?to make my own drawing?
    and please dont say Keep drawing or find some classes to attend.

thanks in advance
    Hi

Sorry - I know you said you don't want to hear this - but in reality, the only way to improve is to keep drawing! Aim to draw at least once a day. Get a sketching pad and just do quick sketches when you have free time. Study what you're drawing carefully, try and draw things you don't usually draw. Look up drawing tutorials to get some helpful tips. Follow art blogs to get some inspiration.

Honestly - the only way to improve is to practice, practice, practice.

I'm in your position - 19 years old, love drawing, etc. I'm at uni and I don't have time to go to art classes. Instead, I try and draw once a day. Usually faces, eyes, things like that, working on the detail and shading and slowly improving my technique. tumblr is good for inspiration, also there are sites which provide free reference photos (figures / faces) that are really useful for quick sketches to improve drawing anatomy.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.