Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How muscular can you get in a month? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am a 5'6 male. Not much muscle. I weigh about 68kg.
    How muscular can I get in a month? I don't want to go to the gym but rather do exercises in my room.

I was thinking of doing cardio as well and eating well to reduce body fat.

Do you think I will see reasonable results in a month?

ReputationRep:
    Not in a month no. It will be minimal. Enough to encourage you to continue, as you will probably lose some water weight too, but 1 month is not much at all. Why such a short term goal?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you'll see a noticeable difference in terms of muscle, but you might lose a few pounds of fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Not in a month no. It will be minimal. Enough to encourage you to continue, as you will probably lose some water weight too, but 1 month is not much at all. Why such a short term goal?
    I just wanted to see what would be the effects if I went all out for a month.

ReputationRep:
    You can add several pounds of muscle in a matter of months......if you take

However if you wanna be natty you can expect to gain about 10 pounds of muscle......in a year (maybe).

Remember building muscle is a sloooooww process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    I just wanted to see what would be the effects if I went all out for a month.
    I think 3 months is a better starting point. You will see more significant progress and more importantly you will learn consistent training/eating better etc i.e. it will 'train' your commitment. I'm just over 9 months in on my 'transformation.' It's become a lifestyle change more than anything, which is what you should aim for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I think 3 months is a better starting point. You will see more significant progress and more importantly you will learn consistent training/eating better etc i.e. it will 'train' your commitment. I'm just over 9 months in on my 'transformation.' It's become a lifestyle change more than anything, which is what you should aim for.
    This. If you want to beast yourself for a month and then use that as motivation for a lifestyle change, you will be doomed to failure. Changes in physique happen slowly over time.

I would rather just add in a few easy changes to diet that are easy to stick to and don't require much thought and gradually build up training at a rate that is fun and I'm able to cope with and just enjoy the continuous evolution rather than beast myself and ultimately be disappointed that a month doesn't make that much difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Design_Me_A_Tom)
    Hey, I am a 5'6 male. Not much muscle. I weigh about 68kg.
    How muscular can I get in a month? I don't want to go to the gym but rather do exercises in my room.

I was thinking of doing cardio as well and eating well to reduce body fat.

Do you think I will see reasonable results in a month?
    Im a girl and I noticed a difference after the first 2 weeks of weight training and eating high protein and good carbs and barely any bad sugars.

(its even harder for girls to notice change remember).

It wasnt a big difference, but my legs got harder and my bicep got harder

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.