Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Which one of these would leave me in a better position for a career in finance:

Warwick Bsc Management or Nottingham Bsc Economics?

I know warwick is more of a target uni but economics is the better degree, this is why it is a difficult choice.

ReputationRep:
    Please see my informative reply on your other thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mohamed68)
    Which one of these would leave me in a better position for a career in finance:

Warwick Bsc Management or Nottingham Bsc Economics?

I know warwick is more of a target uni but economics is the better degree, this is why it is a difficult choice.
    You will have a better chance from Warwick.

Your degree doesnt matter, and once you start working in a bank you'll realise 90% of what you learnt in your Economics degree is irrelevant to the job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAINE.)
    You will have a better chance from Warwick.

Your degree doesnt matter, and once you start working in a bank you'll realise 90% of what you learnt in your Economics degree is irrelevant to the job.
    I always read this....but then I did an internship and found that alot of the economics I havd learnt was fundamental to the work I was carrying out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hackett)
    I always read this....but then I did an internship and found that alot of the economics I havd learnt was fundamental to the work I was carrying out.
    Division, role & bank?

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is more targeted but Nottingham doesn't do badly either, especially with a degree in Economics. They're top 10 in the country for Eco.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.