Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

What should I wear to a French Connection interview? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Basically, I've got an interview for a part-time job at French Connection and I am worrying about what to wear.

I was thinking maybe black, smartish skinny jeans, a cream knitted sweater and back heeled ankle boots and a bright scarf, but now I'm thinking perhaps this is a little casual!

If anyone has any opinions on this or other ideas it would be really great to hear them!

Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd tend to agree with you, it's a bit on the casual side... black skinny jeans are fairly casual so smarten it up with a chiffon shirt or smart top and either blazer or cardi... it's all about first impressions! You'll look professional and feel professional and that's the image you want to put across

GOOD LUCK!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courtney.)
    I'd tend to agree with you, it's a bit on the casual side... black skinny jeans are fairly casual so smarten it up with a chiffon shirt or smart top and either blazer or cardi... it's all about first impressions! You'll look professional and feel professional and that's the image you want to put across

GOOD LUCK!!!
    Haha Thanks!!! That's good advice, I think a smarter shirt would look better!

ReputationRep:
    No problem! Just be relaxed and prepared

ReputationRep:
    Smart casual will be the best approach for your interview

I work at French Connection in Selfridges (Manchester)

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.