The Student Room Group

How do you guys revise for Edexcel GCE Biology unit 1 As?

Hello

We have all sat that January exam for this Unit 1 and.. I got pretty bad grade.. :s-smilie:

But in my high school students .. some used a a very different technique.

Do u know for the exams we are given a specification booklet and in there it tells you what you really need to learn for the exam so that u know the stuff "your supposed to know" for the exam.

One of then students in my high school used this specification for EDEXCEL GCE which had all the Learning objectives and they made their notes on it. BAM! They ended up with an A (nearly full marks)

So ...i was given this specification booklet with the L.O and I didn't use it unfortunately..so i guess this is one of my reason why i got an E. I have to tell u guys that..... what your revising like the stuff on 'Na+ Cl- sodium channel' is just worthless... (when has it ever came up in the exam???)

My Oh my... i was revising that properly when these stuff didn't even come up!

I mean the L.O tells you what really needs to be revised ..and that means the quarter of the two units are nonsense and worthless as IT'S NOT ASKED IN THE EXAM..

I was just asking that do u guys use this Learning outcomes and it's in the edexcel website.

Moreover we all know how Edexcel biology is (you need the right terminology and even the right word to get marks) so what the students did were memorize those answers that was asked in the L.O.

I wanna ask how u guys revise and do u know anything about this technique (L.O)? :s-smilie:

Cheers :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest