Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

"Sex is for the weak-minded" Watch

ReputationRep:
    as the title says, the quote was suggested by my friend, what is your opinion towards this subject? :confused::confused:

also please do not hate, as i am just trying to get opinions of others, which i can then use to hit back at my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if such was the opinion of humans many thousands of years ago.

Please, do explain how Homo Sapiens Sapiens would have continued.

Imagine if, many tens of thousands of years ago, Homo Sapiens Sapiens had thought such things. Homo Neanderthalensis would scoff at him and the Neanderthal would be the sole human species alive today.

The fact of that matter is that a statement - that sex is for the weak-minded - has simply been asserted, providing no reasons for why the person who stated it thinks so.

Finally, I believe that the person who stated it might just be coming from a religious mindset. If that is the case, then even then, they are misguided in the statement. Rather, what they should have sensibly said is that unbridled sexual behaviour is for the weak-minded. Such an alternative would not be deemed correct by myself, but I would more readily understand where they are coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Imagine if such was the opinion of humans many thousands of years ago.

Please, do explain how Homo Sapiens Sapiens would have continued.

Imagine if, many tens of thousands of years ago, Homo Sapiens Sapiens had thought such things. Homo Neanderthalensis would scoff at him and the Neanderthal would be the sole human species alive today.

The fact of that matter is that a statement - that sex is for the weak-minded - has simply been asserted, providing no reasons for why the person who stated it thinks so.

Finally, I believe that the person who stated it might just be coming from a religious mindset. If that is the case, then even then, they are misguided in the statement. Rather, what they should have sensibly said is that unbridled sexual behaviour is for the weak-minded. Such an alternative would not be deemed correct by myself, but I would more readily understand where they are coming from.
    those arguments are logical and obviously some of the things that come to my mind when i was confronted with his thoughts, however, when you talked about his idea of religious mindset, i can tell you now, he is one of the most ill-informed racists that is on the borderline of being in an asylum home and being able to walk free on the streets. He considers himself an atheist, whereas his thoughts provoke fear and terror, where he constantly thinks about death and negative ideas, and sometimes even old news, such the Columbine high score massacre or Virginia tech. Sometimes i am freaked out, but sometimes he can act normal in a manner where he is friendly and a good friend. Surely he must seek some sort of psychiatrist help or something of that nature, as i am pretty surprised how he can roam the streets free, yet everyday thieves are locked up in the jails of Britain.
    I am unsure of my next actions towards him.

He is a controversial boy/guy/man. I dare say he would not react kindly if he ever saw this thread posted on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    1) The statement is absurd; sex is natural biologically and healthy psychologically - to suggest that 'sex is for the feeble minded' would be to argue that 99.9% of all human beings ever born were 'feeble minded', including most of our greatest thinkers.

2) Your friend sounds very strange.

ReputationRep:
    He only says that because he can't get any himself .

ReputationRep:
    Tell your friend to carry on with his strong mind and his premature ejaculation problem.

ReputationRep:
    Is that the title of a homily by Cardinal Keith O'Brien?

ReputationRep:
    If it was the case there would be an awful lot of weak minded people around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Tell your friend to carry on with his strong mind and his premature ejaculation problem.
    I choked on my drink. Would rep if I could :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poolwizard)
    as the title says, the quote was suggested by my friend, what is your opinion towards this subject? :confused::confused:

also please do not hate, as i am just trying to get opinions of others, which i can then use to hit back at my friend.
    those arguments are logical and obviously some of the things that come to my mind when i was confronted with his thoughts, however, when you talked about his idea of religious mindset, i can tell you now, he is one of the most ill-informed racists that is on the borderline of being in an asylum home and being able to walk free on the streets. He considers himself an atheist, whereas his thoughts provoke fear and terror, where he constantly thinks about death and negative ideas, and sometimes even old news, such the Columbine high score massacre or Virginia tech. Sometimes i am freaked out, but sometimes he can act normal in a manner where he is friendly and a good friend. Surely he must seek some sort of psychiatrist help or something of that nature, as i am pretty surprised how he can roam the streets free, yet everyday thieves are locked up in the jails of Britain.
    I am unsure of my next actions towards him.

He is a controversial boy/guy/man. I dare say he would not react kindly if he ever saw this thread posted on the internet.
    This guy is your friend? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Thinks about death, high school killings and based off your posts seemingly has mood swings? Your friend sounds like he's one step away from going on a killing spree, his idea that sex is for the weak minded sounds like some kind of delusion he uses so he can justify why he hates the world.

ReputationRep:
    I can, to a minimal extent, see where he is coming from. An excessive drive for sex is weak.

That said, sex is natural, and a normal urge and want (note not need) in humans.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps he grunts this to himself whilst violently masturbating.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like someone isn't getting any

ReputationRep:

I'd begin by noting Schrodinger and Feynman, two of the most brilliant minds of the XX century, were legendary womanizers.

I could go on about the biological benefits of sex both for an individual and a species.

If he still mantained that sex is for the weak-minded, and argued in a line similar to the one accepted in buddhism, I'd agree to disagree, noting that people who willingly deprive themselves of sex surely are strong-minded, although that doesn't imply those who don't aren't as well.

ReputationRep:
    Things spinsters say.

ReputationRep:
    just some sort of pseudo intellectual trying to sound lofty

ReputationRep:
    I think this is something ugly people tell themselves to find some comfort.

ReputationRep:
    So is alcohol, nicotine, chocolate, junk food and about 100 more of those guilty pleasures.
    But to be honest, I'd rather be weak-minded and indulge myself in those.

ReputationRep:
    sex is a pleasure like chocalate or alchool its something to be enjoyed why deny yourself it?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.