Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

"Sex is for the weak-minded" Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    I think this is something ugly people tell themselves to find some comfort.
    Nobody needs sex though. Asexuals and celibate people get on fine.

That said, sex is a natural desire, and not "evil".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assured)
    Nobody needs sex though. Asexuals and celibate people get on fine.

That said, sex is a natural desire, and not "evil".
    Exactly the same can be said for any form of pleasure. Tennis. Football. Video games.

ReputationRep:
    Is your friend Sheldon Cooper by any chance?

I had a friend like this back in school who believed that sex was for the weaker minded, he had some other misguided views aswell although nothing like what this friend of yours has issues with. Well I suppose it's good he doesn't like the idea of sex as its less likely for him to have any children to pass on those weird views to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Declaring that pleasurable things are for the weak-minded is for the weak-minded.

It's no different from the "I don't need alcohol to have fun" and "it's unholy to masturbate" lot - though possibly more arrogant and pretentious.

ReputationRep:
    if sex is for the weak-minded, we all human beings are the products of weak-minded human beings.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is for those wgho enjoy peentration btbh

ReputationRep:
    i think it depends on how you go about it.

Being easily manipulated by sex I would say is weak minded. Having sex with anything you can get just for the sake of it or just because you can, I would also say is weak minded. Not being able to say no is weak minded.

But seeing it as something valuable that you share with someone you care about (not necessarily love as I'm not adverse to the idea of FWB if they are a friend of mutual trust and respect), i mean appreciating it with someone whom you appreciate for more than their vagina/penis), using it as a form of expression...intimacy, love, fun etc I think that is a very mindful way to approach it. And this is not to say that all sex should be 'pretty' talking about love.. I think celebrating the animalistic side of it is also important. It is passion and aggression too. And lust. It's a part of nature.

I think it is weak minded when people lose sight of why they do it or what they get from it and still carry on.

ReputationRep:
    "Doing what we want is for the weak minded" makes just as much sense. Next time s/he's hungry, say giving into hunger is weak minded and see how long they last.

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks for the responses guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbroderick)
    Is your friend Sheldon Cooper by any chance?
    Damn, beaten to it!

ReputationRep:
    You need to rephrase the sentence, people are reading it too literally. The train of thought comes from the idea that everyone gets to have sex, it's not something you have to work hard for. Whether you're a drug dealer or the president you get to enjoy sex. Sex is like a participation award for all of us ordinary people who do nothing with our lives. Only people who make a substantial difference in society get to experience the highs that go along with it while the rest of are just happy with our sex, booze and television

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jbone28)
    You need to rephrase the sentence people are reading it too literally. The train of thought comes from the idea that everyone gets to have sex, its not something you have to work hard for. Whether youre a drug dealer or the president you get to enjoy sex. Sex is lile a participation award for all of us ordinary people who do nothing with our lives. Only people who make a substantial difference in society get to experience the highs that go along with it while the rest of are just happy with our sex, booze and television
    Dude, this thread has been dead for more than 3 years.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 26, 2016
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.