Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all the past year or so I've been struggling to sleep constantly waking up in the night and waking up in the morning with a splitting headache no matter what time I go to bed I always feel so tired any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As someone who doesn't sleep properly herself, this advice might be useless to you but try drinking a fair bit of water throughout the day. Are you not dehydrated? This is something I know about :') I hardly drink water, infact I hardly drink liquids at all, and when I do, it's usually coffee. If you drink a lot of caffeine - so energy drinks, tea/coffee, even general fizzy drinks - and not enough water, you might not be getting your proper sleep an waking up with headaches because of this! I tend to have a 1ltr bottle of water beside me wherever I go and keep taking frequent sips without myself noticing, so I don't feel it's a chore..

What time do you normally go to bed? Getting yourself into a proper sleeping pattern needs to happen, if yours is all over the place. :') Hope this helps a little!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannaghlynch)
    As someone who doesn't sleep properly herself, this advice might be useless to you but try drinking a fair bit of water throughout the day. Are you not dehydrated? This is something I know about :') I hardly drink water, infact I hardly drink liquids at all, and when I do, it's usually coffee. If you drink a lot of caffeine - so energy drinks, tea/coffee, even general fizzy drinks - and not enough water, you might not be getting your proper sleep an waking up with headaches because of this! I tend to have a 1ltr bottle of water beside me wherever I go and keep taking frequent sips without myself noticing, so I don't feel it's a chore..

What time do you normally go to bed? Getting yourself into a proper sleeping pattern needs to happen, if yours is all over the place. :') Hope this helps a little!
    Thanks for responding , that sounds about right :L as I cannot stand the taste of water my diet is pretty poor tbh. Mostly in the week I go to bed at 11 but can never sleep I've tried everything even soothing music :L when I do sleep I'm always waking up, then I'm too uncomfortable to sleep for ages after , I shall deffo be giving your advice a try thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yoga can help you in this problem. You should do meditation minimum for 10 minutes before sleeping. It will help you in better sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of exercise it help!
    Go to gym twice a week And yes James04k is right Yoga help!
    Try it you will feel so so much better

ReputationRep:
    Join the club I'm on tsr, lying in my bed in the dark as I write... Have to get up for work in 2 and a half hours and haven't slept a wink! I feel your pain friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Have take any drugs or slipping pills?...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for getting back to me , no I haven't tried drugs I wanted to avoid its best as possible unless its a last resort

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walterrichmand)
    Sleeping problems can have a heavy impact on tension levels, energy and focus, moods and depression, even your personal wellness. Physical Exercise more is usually the best way to help your sleeping problems and don't use drug because it will not help you fix your sleeping problems.
    Thankyou I do a lot of sport anyway but maybe doing some light exercise before I go to bed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy03)
    Hi all the past year or so I've been struggling to sleep constantly waking up in the night and waking up in the morning with a splitting headache no matter what time I go to bed I always feel so tired any advice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have you seen a dentist recently? People who grind their teeth in the night (you probably won't realize you do this, if you do) often wake up with unexplained jaw soreness or headaches. It might be an idea to find out if you grind your teeth. You can get the dentist to make a night guard which will stop both damage to your teeth as well as the headaches if that's the cause.

ReputationRep:
    Exercise and diet is often the best remedy for this. If you're eating properly, getting Vitamins and Protein and getting enough exercise then perhaps there's a bigger problem. See your GP.

ReputationRep:
    I have a retainer I wear at night anyways but it's a thought , and as for my diet it's probably not the best I'm such a fussy eater :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As long as there's enough fruit, veg and protein you're fine. Vitamin tablets are quite cheap and are an easy (but perhaps not as healthy) alternative if you're a bit picky when it comes to food.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guezelkuecuek)
    As long as there's enough fruit, veg and protein you're fine. Vitamin tablets are quite cheap and are an easy (but perhaps not as healthy) alternative if you're a bit picky when it comes to food.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou that's probably the issue I don't eat many vegetables or anything :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.