The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 5 6BI05 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Maybenexttime
Wooow some people crazily prepare for exams it's unreal...jeez guys you really don't need to start predicting possible questions, annotating the article to such detail...

Just thoroughly learn the specification, do some past papers, and you'll do great...it's worked for me for every exam I've ever done, don't need all of that stuff...lol

I think it comes naturally to some people and so people need to learn stuff lol (me) ... but it was a teacher that made the annotations ... all we do as students is just read them and hope the questions come up lol :tongue:
Reply 461
Original post by Brad0440
x

thank you :smile:
Original post by yarshad
Every Edexcel biology exam is crap :| urgh, full of HSW and application.

Nowhere near to 'actual biology' ffs

Do you sometimes find that what they appear to be asking you isn't actually what they're asking and the answer you gave is completely different to the mark scheme or is that just me. :frown:
Reply 463
Original post by jojo1995

No problem. :smile:

Also, can anyone explain to me the advantages of being a poikilotherm compared to a homoeotherm?
Reply 464
Original post by WiseOldOwl
Do you sometimes find that what they appear to be asking you isn't actually what they're asking and the answer you gave is completely different to the mark scheme or is that just me. :frown:

all the time... they'll ask a question "why is the sky blue" and you go on explaining why is it blue, but in reality they were asking why is the grass not red.

Hate them for this... i know all the book and everything, and end up getting 96/120 at max. It is so frustrating =(
Reply 465
No problem. :smile:

Also, can anyone explain to me the advantages of being a poikilotherm compared to a homoeotherm?

an advantagte is that no energy is spent on growing fur and there is no need to spend energy on responding to temperature changes

a disadvantage is that if the animal is taken out from its notmal conditions it may not be able to adapt/survive in changing conditions

adv: saves energy
disadv: vulnerable outside usual conditions
Original post by WiseOldOwl

OMG TODO EL TIEMPO!!!!

All the fu*king time, urgh.

So demotivating :frown:
Reply 467
Original post by Nilie
an advantagte is that no energy is spent on growing fur and there is no need to spend energy on responding to temperature changes

a disadvantage is that if the animal is taken out from its notmal conditions it may not be able to adapt/survive in changing conditions

adv: saves energy
disadv: vulnerable outside usual conditions

Thank you. :smile:
Reply 468
are there any kind of "test yourself" pages/tests or something?? that would be very useful... Thanks!
Reply 469
I just thought of an article question that might come up (not sure if one like this has already been posted):

Suggest and explain two reasons why naked mole rats might not survive global warming/climate change. (4)

Spoiler

Reply 470
I just thought of an article question that might come up (not sure if one like this has already been posted):

Suggest and explain two reasons why naked mole rats might not survive global warming/climate change. (4)

Spoiler

to the article questions, we thought something about prostethics may happen
eg evaluate the ethical implications associated with use of naked mole rats in studies of prostethics

Spoiler

actually, shall we do a "test yourself" thread?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 471
Original post by Nilie

Sure, go for it
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 472
Original post by Nilie
to the article questions, we thought something about prostethics may happen
eg evaluate the ethical implications associated with use of naked mole rats in studies of prostethics

Spoiler

yeah you should :biggrin:
Reply 473
yeah you should :biggrin:

if i knew how to i would :biggrin: ahahah
Reply 474
Original post by Nilie

We could just do it on this thread?
Reply 475

Original post by Nilie

Yeah ... i'll try learn how to use the spoiler thing :tongue:
Reply 476

yeah, that may be easier))

to that, do you think we need to know figures like the speed of nerve impulse conduction, the delay at AVN, the No of genes and suff like that?
Reply 477
Yeah ... i'll try learn how to use the spoiler thing :tongue:

- put that at the beggnig and at the end of the sentence, points etc)
Reply 478
Original post by Nilie
- put that at the beggnig and at the end of the sentence, points etc)

Reply 479
Describe the changes in the heart that bring about an increase in cardiac output during exercise ?

do you think i'd be best to add to the persons answer ? the stuff they didnt write instead ? idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending