Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nilie)
    towards B, towards A, not change, but the first one's probs wrong(
    I was confused but I marked the same boxes as you. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    What is the difference between Starch and cellulose? I wrote that cellulose has alpha-glucose and beta-glucose whereas starch has alpha-glucose only, which I know is wrong

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Hope you all felt the exam went okayish!
    What did people write for the question about NAD? (Where you had to identify NAD on the ETC as molecule W?) It said how is it formed....protein? transcription translation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhaden)
    Mhmm, the Auxin one was weird the light was directly above. Still said that the artificial IAA would be grow higher.

Myosin thick filament, actin thin?

Eugnol I just talked about less voltage gated calcium ion channels being opened, less calcium ions + neurotransmitter released. Less frequent depolarisation and action potentials so therefore less pain? Don't think I've ever used the word less so many times in my life in a paragraph.
    I said something along those lines for the eugenol drug question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWAIS194)
    What is the difference between Starch and cellulose? I wrote that cellulose has alpha-glucose and beta-glucose whereas starch has alpha-glucose only, which I know is wrong
    Cellulose is unbranched whereas starch is branched
    Cellulose is made up of beta glucose units whereas starch is made up of alpha glucose units.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examboss177)
    Hi guys! Hope you all felt the exam went okayish!
    What did people write for the question about NAD? (Where you had to identify NAD on the ETC as molecule W?) It said how is it formed....protein? transcription translation?
    I said NAD is formed because NAD(H) lost the Hydrogen atom, as the electron was accepted by the Electron carrier molecule. etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly1)
    I said something along those lines for the eugenol drug question.
    I Wrote that but i replaced the word with "none", i dont think ill get the marks because i implied that the drug is 100 percent effective so absolutely no calcium ions would enter the membrane when in reality only a reduced amount will

ReputationRep:
    I said NAD is formed because NAD(H) lost the Hydrogen atom, as the electron was accepted by the Electron carrier molecule. etc.
    I said the reduced NAD loses of shuttles its hydrogen atom onto the electron transport chain. The hydrogen atoms split into electrons and hydrogen ions. The electrons go through the series of electron carriers losing energy to pump the hydrogens ions from the mitochondiral matrix to the intermembrane space.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mar junior)
    I Wrote that but i replaced the word with "none", i dont think ill get the marks because i implied that the drug is 100 percent effective so absolutely no calcium ions would enter the membrane when in reality only a reduced amount will
    If the question said it REDUCES THE PAIN, then yes less calcium ions enter less neutrotransmitter bla blab ba

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the adaptations of mole rats?

I talked about lacking pain receptors so can tolerate high co2 levels
    and polikothermy so no fur on the skin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mar junior)
    What did everyone write for the adaptations of mole rats?

I talked about lacking pain receptors so can tolerate high co2 levels
    and polikothermy so no fur on the skin
    I said they are adapted to oxygen deprivation because they regain some of the immature characteristics at adult age. Lack of fur because of hot conditions and also went on to talk about other adaptions..

ReputationRep:
    Was one of the multiple choice questions Bipolar neurone?
    And a Lower concentration of Na+ in the cell?

Can't believe I messed up the first question. Even crossed retinal but changed it to retinol

ReputationRep:

Can't believe I messed up the first question. Even crossed retinal but changed it to retinol
    I put bipolar neurone
    the na+ one I just didn't have a clue. I put increased. lol
    And yes it was retinal.

ReputationRep:
    The questions I really liked was the article questions lol

ReputationRep:

was retinal A or D?
    i think i screwed that up as well =/
    damn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nilie)
    was retinal A or D?
    i think i screwed that up as well =/
    damn
    retinal was A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly1)
    The questions I really liked was the article questions lol
    Yep, good questions - roughly 8 marks on Unit 5 with the thermoregulation question and there was one more on unit 5 which I can't remember.

Anyone know if acrosome will be a suitable reason for it to not be motile? Or would lack of flagella and mitochondria be the only answers?

ReputationRep:
    retinal was A!
    ah nevermind.... i already know 14 marks i've lost... and thats just what i know... that a in not happenin =( thats bad

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the sperm being imotile?

ReputationRep:
    For the IAA question, I put the shoot would bend to the right.
    I said this is because the more active auxins stimulate growth and cell elongation, so the cells on the left side would be affected more and grow faster thus it bends to the right.
    Not sure how right that is though.

The enzyme question really threw me, it didn't even cross my mind to write about active sites bla bla. I wrote that the process was anaerobic respiration, and wrong things like "enzyme 3 helps convert pyruvate to lactate bla bla"

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.