Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel GCE Biology Unit 5 6BI05 June 2013 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper extremely easy. Expecting at the very least 80/90 raw marks and 120UMS. Will probably be 67-71 for an A*. Was so happy to see the question on transcription factors, I had just rememorised the process like an hour before the exam.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise people are offended if someone else finds the paper easy. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    but everyone found the paper easy .... so i dont think getting an A would be so easy..
    i mean the grade boundaries gonna be soooo highhh

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the 6 mark calcium ions and not feeling pain.. question? I talked about, how synapses doesn't occur? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKK94)
    For the tumour appearing white in the MRI scan, I said tumour cells are continuously dividing, so there is more respiration occurring; more water present in these cells; therefore more protons; more radio waves absorbed/re-emitted so they appear brighter on the scan.
    Does this even make sense? :/

wow, thats surely right
    I wrote the opposite. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1)
    what did people put for the 6 mark calcium ions and not feeling pain.. question? I talked about, how synapses doesn't occur? :/

yeah thats right..

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone put for that enzyme question with the random metabolic reaction? I just wrote everything I knew about enzymes :/
    Overall quite a nice test! (apart from the IAA questions) wayy better than Bio4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    What did anyone put for that enzyme question with the random metabolic reaction? I just wrote everything I knew about enzymes :/

I put down the whole process going from glycolysis to krebs cycle...

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, fml Messed up big time on question 2 about the scanning and shiz.

I think I messed up on enzymes too D; grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    BIO4 AND BIO5 this June were pretty good papers, remember this is A2 level.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the paper or do I have to get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1)
    I put down the whole process going from glycolysis to krebs cycle...
    It was just the most vague question ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly1)
    Does anyone have the paper or do I have to get it?
    i don't have, so if you've got a chance to get - can you upload it please? ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nilie)
    i don't have, so if you've got a chance to get - can you upload it please? ^^
    I will try upload the paper when I get my hands on them tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    do you think putting insulin and liver would be alright for the hormone/target organ question ? i didnt think it neede to be realted to the article , oopss
    also thought the enzyme question was horrible , wasnt sure what they were asking and if they wanted anything about respiration or not ,
    also why the tumour appeared white ? how are we supposed to know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alla soup)
    do you think putting insulin and liver would be alright for the hormone/target organ question ? i didnt think it neede to be realted to the article , oopss
    also thought the enzyme question was horrible , wasnt sure what they were asking and if they wanted anything about respiration or not ,
    also why the tumour appeared white ? how are we supposed to know that
    Sure it said, using the information in that specific paragraph? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yarshad)
    Sure it said, using the information in that specific paragraph? :/
    I didn't see it saying relate to the paragraph either and I ended up writing adrenaline and heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOOM!)
    I didn't see it saying relate to the paragraph either and I ended up writing adrenaline and heart
    Question 7 is normally on the article.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified yet so tempted to go through the past few pages of this thread because I feel like I did well on that paper, but I'm sure if I look in here, I'd realise how **** I've actually done. Ugh, life.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone pick for respirometre question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOOM!)
    What did everyone pick for respirometre question?
    No change when screw was open
    Move toward A when screw is closed
    When KOH is replaced with water moves towards B

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.