Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I found this paper extremely easy. Expecting at the very least 80/90 raw marks and 120UMS. Will probably be 67-71 for an A*. Was so happy to see the question on transcription factors, I had just rememorised the process like an hour before the exam.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realise people are offended if someone else finds the paper easy. Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    but everyone found the paper easy .... so i dont think getting an A would be so easy..
    i mean the grade boundaries gonna be soooo highhh

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the 6 mark calcium ions and not feeling pain.. question? I talked about, how synapses doesn't occur? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKK94)
    For the tumour appearing white in the MRI scan, I said tumour cells are continuously dividing, so there is more respiration occurring; more water present in these cells; therefore more protons; more radio waves absorbed/re-emitted so they appear brighter on the scan.
    Does this even make sense? :/

wow, thats surely right
    I wrote the opposite. haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1)
    what did people put for the 6 mark calcium ions and not feeling pain.. question? I talked about, how synapses doesn't occur? :/

yeah thats right..

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone put for that enzyme question with the random metabolic reaction? I just wrote everything I knew about enzymes :/
    Overall quite a nice test! (apart from the IAA questions) wayy better than Bio4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    What did anyone put for that enzyme question with the random metabolic reaction? I just wrote everything I knew about enzymes :/

I put down the whole process going from glycolysis to krebs cycle...

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, fml Messed up big time on question 2 about the scanning and shiz.

I think I messed up on enzymes too D; grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanyfish)
    BIO4 AND BIO5 this June were pretty good papers, remember this is A2 level.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the paper or do I have to get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1)
    I put down the whole process going from glycolysis to krebs cycle...
    It was just the most vague question ever!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly1)
    Does anyone have the paper or do I have to get it?
    i don't have, so if you've got a chance to get - can you upload it please? ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nilie)
    i don't have, so if you've got a chance to get - can you upload it please? ^^
    I will try upload the paper when I get my hands on them tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    do you think putting insulin and liver would be alright for the hormone/target organ question ? i didnt think it neede to be realted to the article , oopss
    also thought the enzyme question was horrible , wasnt sure what they were asking and if they wanted anything about respiration or not ,
    also why the tumour appeared white ? how are we supposed to know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alla soup)
    do you think putting insulin and liver would be alright for the hormone/target organ question ? i didnt think it neede to be realted to the article , oopss
    also thought the enzyme question was horrible , wasnt sure what they were asking and if they wanted anything about respiration or not ,
    also why the tumour appeared white ? how are we supposed to know that
    Sure it said, using the information in that specific paragraph? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yarshad)
    Sure it said, using the information in that specific paragraph? :/
    I didn't see it saying relate to the paragraph either and I ended up writing adrenaline and heart

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOOM!)
    I didn't see it saying relate to the paragraph either and I ended up writing adrenaline and heart
    Question 7 is normally on the article.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified yet so tempted to go through the past few pages of this thread because I feel like I did well on that paper, but I'm sure if I look in here, I'd realise how **** I've actually done. Ugh, life.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone pick for respirometre question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BOOM!)
    What did everyone pick for respirometre question?
    No change when screw was open
    Move toward A when screw is closed
    When KOH is replaced with water moves towards B

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.