Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birchington)
    They can take it elsewhere, just not in this thread. It's beyond tedious now.
    Well, I haven't read through most of it (for shame) but it does seem fairly dull. A bit like Liberal bills though, to be honest, so it makes sense to have it in here where the rest of us can hide from it.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    A bit like Liberal bills though, to be honest, so it makes sense to have it in here where the rest of us can hide from it.
    Grow up and keep the snide comments to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    A serious question though, Birchie, isn't the state of this thread a bit of a commentary on the state of the Liberals? And, more widely, of the HoC?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    A serious question though, Birchie, isn't the state of this thread a bit of a commentary on the state of the Liberals? And, more widely, of the HoC?
    As a party we have good internal relations so it's a shame to see Birkenhead being so aggressive. Behaviour hasn't been as good as it used to be in the House recently, there seems to be a lot more pettiness, insults and it's a real shame people can't be more civil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    When I wrote it and when it was put to the House, it wasn't EU law
    Granted but it was when it went to vote. What is the point in sending a bill banning an already banned thing to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Then you're being a very good Liberal
    So confused was that sarcasm? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    So confused was that sarcasm? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was ;p you're my MUN buddy aren't you? And you're a Liberal? Don't know if this can work .. (more sarcasm)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    It was ;p you're my MUN buddy aren't you? And you're a Liberal? Don't know if this can work .. (more sarcasm)
    thought so,
    Haha yes I am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CLS94)
    Well, I haven't read through most of it (for shame) but it does seem fairly dull. A bit like Liberal bills though, to be honest, so it makes sense to have it in here where the rest of us can hide from it.
    What a strange and rather reaching and desperate comparison.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm pleased to announce that Olympiad is the Liberal Party's new MP, replacing Birkenhead.

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, but why is the replacement necessary?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Sweet, but why is the replacement necessary?
    Birkenhead quit the party following Adorno-gate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    QFA

Congratulations on becoming an MP, it's good to have more women in the House!

ReputationRep:
    No more Tuerin then....

Welcome on board Olympiad

ReputationRep:
    Birkenhead quit the party following Adorno-gate.
    ... I am confused about why but ok then.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    What! That was nothing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ... I am confused about why but ok then.
    He basically threw a tantrum in the subforum and quit when Adorno didn't show his certificate. He was a good member of the Liberals when he contributed positively, but his tendency to argue with people probably became annoying for the House.

ReputationRep:
    He basically threw a tantrum in the subforum and quit when Adorno didn't show his certificate. He was a good member of the Liberals when he contributed positively, but his tendency to argue with people probably became annoying for the House.
    Oh. Well I mean. I sort of feel bad for not really making any effort to disengage now. But I suppose someone like him was always going to hit this point. A shame, I hope he comes back at some point with a better way about him.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask whether he quit off his own accord or was nudged by yourself to quit following the events?

Also, sorry if I'm not meant to ask this kind of question.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Well I mean. I sort of feel bad for not really making any effort to disengage now. But I suppose someone like him was always going to hit this point. A shame, I hope he comes back at some point with a better way about him.
    Hopefully once he has grown up a little, shrunk his ego a bit and toned down his argumentative attitude, he can become a valued member of the HOC once again.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.