Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

(Original post by Rakas21)
    Who's standing?
    I haven't released the candidates yet, the deadline for manifestos is tonight
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Who's standing?
    That's private business, thanks. :sly:

ReputationRep:
    What is the TSR Liberal Party's policy on the nuclear weapons programme, and would it support a bill to repeal the government's enactment effecting (irresponsible and dangerous) unilateral nuclear disarmament, and thus reinstate the nuclear weapons programme?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_guns)
    What is the TSR Liberal Party's policy on the nuclear weapons programme, and would it support a bill to repeal the government's enactment effecting (irresponsible and dangerous) unilateral nuclear disarmament, and thus reinstate the nuclear weapons programme?
    I wouldn't personally support the resurrection of our nuclear weapons programme.

I thank you for your insult.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think there's a chance that the liberals are in permanent government? Since, it's likely there will be a hung parliament at the next general election. One party is not getting more than 50% of the seats anymore, which would almost certainly result in a coalition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilal)
    Do you think there's a chance that the liberals are in permanent government? Since, it's likely there will be a hung parliament at the next general election. One party is not getting more than 50% of the seats anymore, which would almost certainly result in a coalition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're not affiliated in any way with the RL Lib Dems :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    I wouldn't personally support the resurrection of our nuclear weapons programme.

I thank you for your insult.
    If you believe my calling that enactment "irresponsible and dangerous" is an insult, then not only are you overly-sensitive, but you are insult-worthy in respect of your policy on nuclear weapons.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    If you believe my calling that enactment "irresponsible and dangerous" is an insult, then not only are you overly-sensitive, but you are insult-worthy in respect of your policy on nuclear weapons.
    I was joking :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazzini)
    I was joking :teehee:
    A genuine word of advice, if you are going to do sarcasm on the internet, an emoticon is usually a good idea as it is impossible to discern tone over the web without hearing someone's voice or seeing their expression or gestures

(Original post by jilal)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feel free to ask any questions regarding TSR Liberal policy

With regards to nukes we have no official policy due to possible disagreements in the party, I think all of us in the Liberals would like to see a nuclear weapon-free world. However, in the ever changing and often unpredictable global climate, I think we can all agree that it would not be wise to abandon ours at this moment in time.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    With regards to nukes we have no official policy due to possible disagreements in the party, I think all of us in the Liberals would like to see a nuclear weapon-free world. However, in the ever changing and often unpredictable global climate, I think we can all agree that it would not be wise to abandon ours at this moment in time.

agree.

ReputationRep:
    How long to go with the deputy election?

(Original post by Cryptographic)
    How long to go with the deputy election?
    The poll closes in 2 days, after which I will announce the winner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacDaddi)
    The poll closes in 2 days, after which I will announce the winner
    Thanks

I am delighted to announce Green_Pink is our new Deputy Leader!

(Original post by Green_Pink)
    X
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'll start the grilling then, as our ways don't seem to have crossed much before. Do you feel you are on the left or the right of the Liberal Party?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    I'll start the grilling then, as our ways don't seem to have crossed much before. Do you feel you are on the left or the right of the Liberal Party?
    I'm on the left of that party I identify broadly as a (very) socially liberal social democrat. I believe in the complete public, although not necessarily state, ownership of industries which are either of key public importance or where competition is unviable, and I also agree that whilst it does bring massive benefits the market does still need regulation to protect the public interest - for instance, I believe the Blair government was at fault for failing to regulate the financial sector adequately pre-2008, and the Tories worse for not only failing to oppose it but saying it was too tight!

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the left of that party I identify broadly as a (very) socially liberal social democrat. I believe in the complete public, although not necessarily state, ownership of industries which are either of key public importance or where competition is unviable, and I also agree that whilst it does bring massive benefits the market does still need regulation to protect the public interest - for instance, I believe the Blair government was at fault for failing to regulate the financial sector adequately pre-2008, and the Tories worse for not only failing to oppose it but saying it was too tight!
    You sound very promising indeed, good luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    You sound very promising indeed, good luck to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! Hopefully I can guide the Liberal Party to further success. I have a lot of time for the Greens as well, it'd be great to foster a positive relationship with them Caroline Lucas is probably my favourite MP right now.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Hopefully I can guide the Liberal Party to further success. I have a lot of time for the Greens as well, it'd be great to foster a positive relationship with them Caroline Lucas is probably my favourite MP right now.
    Congratulations G_P and good luck on leading the Liberals alongside MacDaddi and Birchington!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.