Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Given that the Liberals have now clearly failed to anchor this government in the center ground, will you be freeing yourself from this coalition or have the Liberals now become a party solely of social democrats.
    The answer to this depends on who wins the leadership election currently being organised.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Speak of the devil and he shall appear.
    If I'm the devil I can't imagine what names you have for the right-wingers on here
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Given that the Liberals have now clearly failed to anchor this government in the center ground, will you be freeing yourself from this coalition or have the Liberals now become a party solely of social democrats.
    Like Lord Birkenhead says, it depends on the Leadership elections.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Like Lord Birkenhead says, it depends on the Leadership elections.
    Who are you backing for the leadership or have you quietly been harboring your own ambitions?

Has the election started?

Historically i know the internal party has been extremely split between left and right since the 14th parliament so it should be interesting.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Who are you backing for the leadership or have you quietly been harboring your own ambitions?

Has the election started?
    I am not even sure I am allowed to answer that publicly.

There has been a pause in the election, I believe, due to error. The Speaker has to make a decision.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Historically i know the internal party has been extremely split since the 14th parliament so it should be interesting.
    I agree with you on this. I have only been a member since December past and so I was reading through the MHoC history, and it was quite a read!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    I am not even sure I am allowed to answer that publicly.

There has been a pause in the election, I believe, due to error. The Speaker has to make a decision.
    You can state your own opinion unless your party is anal at censoring. :fuhrer:.

Vote rigging?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You can state your own opinion unless your party is anal at censoring. :fuhrer:.

Vote rigging?
    As Acting Deputy Leader, I don't believe my party is anal at censoring, however I believe telling a member of the Opposition who is running in the Leadership elections is slightly too far. Apologies.

No, no rigging!

ReputationRep:

Vote rigging?
    Nothing malicious or interesting for you I'm afraid Simply a mistake in the process. The Speaker's running the election for us so I'll put out a statement once he's made a decision on what to do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    Nothing malicious or interesting for you I'm afraid Simply a mistake in the process. The Speaker's running the election for us so I'll put out a statement once he's made a decision on what to do.
    May we know who is running.

I'll promise not to comment for a whole week on the matter if you satisfy my curiosity.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    If I'm the devil I can't imagine what names you have for the right-wingers on here
    :laugh:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    May we know who is running.

I'll promise not to comment for a whole week on the matter if you satisfy my curiosity.
    Well hello mr tom.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick update as promised on the ongoing election to find a successor to MacDaddi as Leader of the Liberal Party. It has today emerged that the due process outlined in the Constitution has not been followed in regards to the running of the election, and that has lead to a member complaining that they were unaware of the proceedings and thus failed to submit their manifesto in time to be considered. After discussion with the other candidates, the Speaker has agreed to therefore re-start election proceedings so as to give all members another chance to stand should they so wish. We will of course confirm as soon as a new leader is elected
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Your election proceedings take a long time.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Your election proceedings take a long time.
    They had to be restarted. They're now underway

ReputationRep:
    would you be happy to make Robert mugabe the president of the republic?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoScrubs)
    No.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoScrubs)
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    Is Robert Mugabe on TSR?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Is Robert Mugabe on TSR?
    Not yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.