Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    Where is this understanding made clear?

This doesn't accounts for other members. The technology must be available for us to restrict party votes to strict party members.

Give me a moment to respond to your post. I am travelling on a bumby ride.
    In messages exchanged between us before he became a member.

Really don't think it is on TSR, you're either in the usergroup or you ain't and that even applies to the Speaker. Not ideal I admit but little to be done except only grant multiple membership to those who can be 100% trusted.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    What do you mean ex-members. People who don't post are still members. People from other parties should have been made to leave the user group.
    Members who have stated that they have left the party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Why are you only making this point after you have lost the election?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a point I have made before. Obviously when an election is concerned the matter becomes extremely important. The timing of the point is irrelevant to how good a point it is anyway.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    It's a point I have made before. Obviously when an election is concerned the matter becomes extremely important. The timing of the point is irrelevant to how good a point it is anyway.
    I find it hard to believe you would have made the same point if you had won.

Surely the Mods can see who has voted to make sure they are all Liberal members?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Believe what you like. I came a good second and have no reason for complaint when this won't change anything now. In line with my pledge of constitutional reform I would have stamped this practice out.

Surely the Mods can see who has voted to make sure they are all Liberal members?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know if they can or if they do. I doubt the latter.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, but the CT can... But if they are in the sub-forum and have usergroup privileges as far as the rules go the leaders should have removed them and they are still full members.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green_Pink)
    How long have you been living with this friend if it's a student house? I'd really like to believe you as you did help get rid of an inactive leader and believe it or not it'd be good to have your experience around the House. But you can see how fishy this must look
    Over two years.

_Lycanthope = Kathryn, who is a mature student re-doing school exams.

Glyx = Temi, who transferred to UWE nursing in 2013.

(Original post by RayApparently)
    I hope this is true, despite our differences of opinion in the past I'd like to think you're an honest enough guy and wouldn't stoop so low.
    You have my word, and I'm not an MP so that actually means something :P

ReputationRep:
    Drama. I love it.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingStannis)
    Drama. I love it.
    I'll only ever love it when it's not my party

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'll only ever love it when it's not my party

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's going on 'ere then?
    -edit- i have informed myself. Go about your business.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    What's going on 'ere then?
    -edit- i have informed myself. Go about your business.
    Got a lot of business going on!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CescaD96)
    Got a lot of business going on!
    Oh well I hope it all gets sorted out, I'm on holiday so haven't been active the past few days, it seems all hectic tbh.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? This is a normal day in the office.
    Congrats fully deserved
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh well I hope it all gets sorted out, I'm on holiday so haven't been active the past few days, it seems all hectic tbh.
    We're working on it.

(Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Congrats fully deserved
    Thank you very much!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    We're working on it.

I have no doubts, I hope it all gets cleared up.
    Also, congrats on winning leadership
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    For the record:

1) I have not read everything that has happened, and I'm not going to, but Birkenhead's explanation seems plausible enough to me so until evidence is presented that suggests I shouldn't, I am inclined to believe him. Even if I wasn't inclined to believe him I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this basis. That all being said, I think party leaders should be free to remove people if they can provide at least a sensible reason to do so and the membership of the party broadly (tacitly or actively) agrees.

2) I am not a member of every party, just most of them.

3) I don't vote in any internal elections mostly because I don't care who wins. I can confirm, however, that it is true that Green_Pink sought my agreement not to vote as a prerequisite for gaining membership. I agreed and was admitted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    For the record:

1) I have not read everything that has happened, and I'm not going to, but Birkenhead's explanation seems plausible enough to me so until evidence is presented that suggests I shouldn't, I am inclined to believe him. Even if I wasn't inclined to believe him I would be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt on this basis. That all being said, I think party leaders should be free to remove people if they can provide at least a sensible reason to do so and the membership of the party broadly (tacitly or actively) agrees.
    Thanks.

2) I am not a member of every party, just most of them.

3) I don't vote in any internal elections mostly because I don't care who wins. I can confirm, however, that it is true that Green_Pink sought my agreement not to vote as a prerequisite for gaining membership. I agreed and was admitted.
    I didn't mean to suggest that you had gone against your word, I was merely using you as an example of where perhaps it would be better to exclude non-exclusive party members from party votes. Hopefully that makes sense.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I have no doubts, I hope it all gets cleared up.
    Also, congrats on winning leadership
    Thank you.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Official Party Statement:

So I'm going to take an educated guess that you all know the phrase "Innocent until proven guilty".

It is due to this that I have decided to ask the Speaker to allow Birkenhead to be reinstated into the party. However, the revelation of the account from the same IP address is still under investigation. Birkenhead's reinstating is to help aid this.

I would please ask that nobody jumps to conclusions over this. I will update the party with official statements when necessary, however it is business as usual within the Liberal party.

Thank you,

Cesca,
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I am pleased to announce that both Green_Pink and Birkenhead have agreed to stay on in their roles as Liberal Deputy Leader and Liberal Chairman respectively.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.