Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Good evening everyone;

I have 3 questions on this course please:

1. Has any body with a civil engineering degree done this course before, and how related was it?
    2. Can anyone with an engineering background still pursue a master's in this course?
    3. How hard is the course?

I am a civil engineer wity no work experince and because of the aweful job market I am seriously consdiering joining the oil industry. So between "petroleum engineering" and this course for a transition to the oil field.

Thank you all in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Any experience with this regard will be highly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Hi Spankk - I had a Civil Engineering undergrad and was admitted to the course in 2010. I had a couple of years of industry experience, but there were other engineers on the course who came in straight from undergrad courses at solid universities. If you are looking to enter industry, petroleum engineering would be the course for you; MEF graduates end up in finance and consulting related professions (generally speaking). Best of luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much indeed, this was a very useful reply

ReputationRep:
    Hi Spank,

Lucky you! I have applied to this course for 2 times 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. My background is Industrial Engineering and Operation Research with 3 years work experience in Metals and Mining Industry. But I failed on my application.

My expectation is I want to switch my career to Mineral Economics or enter my career to Global Metals and Mining Industry which I believe to be Imperial Graduate will sound aloud to employer.

I am little bit confuse, Imperial really looks on your Undergraduate Study. I have graduated not from Europe or US uni, and I think that makes my application fail.

Hope someday I can be accepted! I try to reapply

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.