Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What does this job actually involve also does anyone know anyone in this role and how much they earn what qualifications they have etc. For example with this company.

http://www.rendallandrittner.co.uk/c...y-manager.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Currently do this, it really isn't a grad job, it's a customer service role that requires very good organisation and self motivation. Lots of phone calls, e-mails, the IRPM run qualifications for this, after a year in the field you can take their (easy) exam and get AIRPM after your name and with time and more exams other stuff too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masterstroke)
    Currently do this, it really isn't a grad job, it's a customer service role that requires very good organisation and self motivation. Lots of phone calls, e-mails, the IRPM run qualifications for this, after a year in the field you can take their (easy) exam and get AIRPM after your name and with time and more exams other stuff too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how much do you earn if you don't mind me asking also do you work for a firm in london?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing this as my year in industry placement. I'm London based and responsible for rent and lease renewals, service charge disputes and negotiations, acquistion of new sites, disposal of surplus units etc., etc. I'm on £17,000 but I'm only a third year student. I think wages in London start around £22,000. Guess it depends on how big the firm you work for is and in general wages in London are £3,000 more than the rest of the country. There are some students on StudentSurveyor.com that may help you out.

ReputationRep:
    It's just the management of properties that are leased/letted. You're reponsible for everything from tenant viewing, to arranging EPC and gas certificates. I am wanting to go into this as am self employed in this sector (self employment isnt great unless your a really big fish in housing). One thing I hate, property management jobs never seem to have the salary advertised and can be commission based which kind of sucks yet they want 5years experience... Anyone know any direct employers and not agents and "property recruiting firms" that are recruiting? dont fancy going through 3rd parties.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.