Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Core 4 - Monday 10th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    This may have been asked, but I'm short on time and not looking through 20 pages:

Can somebody quickly explain how to form a differential equation (like a general rule).

And also, any key info to remember regarding vectors? They still throw me :/

ReputationRep:
    In 12 hours time we will be starting the exam and I bet we will turn to the vectors question and its calculating and area of a 3D shape most of us haven't heard of ! AQA *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bumble333)
    In 12 hours time we will be starting the exam and I bet we will turn to the vectors question and its calculating and area of a 3D shape most of us haven't heard of ! AQA *******s
    Points ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ are vertices of a star.
    Find the coordinates of M

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The H)
    Points ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ are vertices of a star.
    Find the coordinates of M
    ABCDE is a distorted pentagon, resting on FGHIJKL which is an inverted non symmertrical octagon find point M which allows the area between these 2 to be exactly pi

ReputationRep:
    anyone have the jan 13 report on the examination?

ReputationRep:
    don't think my head can take any more maths! i'm just going to stop now and hope what i've done is enough
    good luck for tomorrow everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmegaKaos)
    ABCDE is a distorted pentagon, resting on FGHIJKL which is an inverted non symmertrical octagon find point M which allows the area between these 2 to be exactly pi
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmegaKaos)
    I knew that.

ReputationRep:
    Careful now... you might break math

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone! any few pointers and last minute tips? :P

ReputationRep:
    How the hell do you draw the vector diagrams correctly? I always get the points mixed up (like ABCD) in the wrong places when they ask you to draw a parallelogram and such

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K FIZZLE)
    How the hell do you draw the vector diagrams correctly? I always get the points mixed up (like ABCD) in the wrong places when they ask you to draw a parallelogram and such
    same with me

ReputationRep:
    When it says ABCD that means it goes round in ABCD order, I think

ReputationRep:
    Each point should link to the next. e.g. A link to B, B links to C, C links to D and D links back to A.

Should get
    A-----D
    |sssss|
    |sssss|
    B-----C

or

A-----B
    |sssss|
    |sssss|
    D-----C

In order like TheH has said.

ReputationRep:
    its a quick question.... when vector question says find an angle ACB.... do we need to do AC.AB or is it CA.AB to find it? plz help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enginerd.)
    Each point should link to the next. e.g. A link to B, B links to C, C links to D and D links back to A.

Should get
    A-----D
    |sssss|
    |sssss|
    B-----C

or

A-----B
    |sssss|
    |sssss|
    D-----C

In order like TheH has said.
    Well I feel stupid, cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hussaincute)
    its a quick question.... when vector question says find an angle ACB.... do we need to do AC.AB or is it CA.AB to find it? plz help
    Angle ACB, you know the angle would be at the middle point, in this case at C

So you essentially have:

A
    |
    |
    C-----B

(The diagram is 90 Degrees, pretend the angle is anything else XD

You should either go towards C or away:

AC.BC or CA.CB

ReputationRep:
    Think like this; draw three dots connecting one another. A TO C and C to B draw a line connecting a to c and c to b now there are two vectors; ca and cb. These are the ones you need. Another way is to simply do xy and zy when it is xyz I.e use the middle letter and connect it to the one on the left for one vector and connect it to the one on the right for the other vector

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, you can either do AC.BC or CA.CB.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys, au revoir!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.