Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Core 4 - Monday 10th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, the next time I log in, I will be discussing how horrible/brilliant the paper went
    Good luck everyone :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys quick question please help.

In the jan 2012 paper we are told to find the coordinates of D where the rectangle is ABCD and looks like this D------------C
    ! !
    ! !
    A------------B

I understand the rest of the solution to the question but the mark scheme says (vector) OD = OA + BC
    Can someone please explain this to me I don't understand how this is the vector expression for OD.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolate102030)
    Hi guys quick question please help.

In the jan 2012 paper we are told to find the coordinates of D where the rectangle is ABCD and looks like this D------------C
    ! !
    ! !
    A------------B

I understand the rest of the solution to the question but the mark scheme says (vector) OD = OA + BC
    Can someone please explain this to me I don't understand how this is the vector expression for OD.

Thanks
    I was stuck on this myself, but found the solution after some help.

Take a look at this. http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3...ctoranswer.png

ReputationRep:
    GL To everyone for the exam tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I am stressing over this exam especially after the c3 exam finding out how hard that's was

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! Let it be a decent paper.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, let it be a hard paper.

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck i need bloody 90ums in this

ReputationRep:
    hoping for long binomial question and long implicit diff question. Maybe reversing the Rcos(x+a) to trick some people and some c3 stuff

ReputationRep:
    Reckon 90 UMS would be about 63 Marks or fewer.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got c1 revision note i need them urgent

ReputationRep:
    Feeling comfortable with C4 now, although I'm also sitting FP3 which I am feeling very ill prepared for. Hopefully all goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danatlive)
    Feeling comfortable with C4 now, although I'm also sitting FP3 which I am feeling very ill prepared for. Hopefully all goes well!
    Same. I am doing c4 fp3 and accn 4 for accounting on a same day. JOY good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallfish008)
    Same. I am doing c4 fp3 and accn 4 for accounting on a same day. JOY good luck to you!
    Oh god! Best of luck to you, you're going to be exhausted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    hoping for long binomial question and long implicit diff question. Maybe reversing the Rcos(x+a) to trick some people and some c3 stuff
    Wait... what is the reversing Rcos(x+a) trick!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Hate Edexcel)
    Wait... what is the reversing Rcos(x+a) trick!?
    It's not a trick but they could write excess asinx + bcosy in Rcos(x-a) so ppl get the tan the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    It's not a trick but they could write excess asinx + bcosy in Rcos(x-a) so ppl get the tan the wrong way round

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahhh right.

Good luck everyone! Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be feeling happy and relieved.

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep

I can never usually sleep before exams anyway, but my sleeping pattern is completely ****ed atm too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyLH)
    Can't sleep

I can never usually sleep before exams anyway, but my sleeping pattern is completely ****ed atm too. :rolleyes:
    well i slept like a snorlax, was up ay 5, just got in from a hour and a half of running and weights. Hopefully FP3 and C4 go well.

GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    Got almost 7 hours sleep

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.