Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Core 4 - Monday 10th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    Hahaha, woops.
    Yea, I meant Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    I think I found D correctly, and will hopefully get 2 out of the 4 marks for the question on finding E.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SqueakyMoose)
    Coordinates of D was 5 marks and coordinates of E was 4 marks, plus the easy stuff at the start.
    ok and what did you get for binomial expansion?

ReputationRep:
    how did anyone do question 1?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nothepreacher)
    these are too low. It should be 63 for an a* and 56 for an a
    In many of the past C4 papers, the A* grade has been as low as 54. Today AQA took the absolute piss.. no paper has ever been this difficult so it's possible that the boundaries could actually be that low.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how many marks the cartesian equation and the bionomial expansion was?

ReputationRep:
    So everyone talking about E - who got plus or minus three mu (or whatever your parameter for the line AB was?)

I got that, but I then had a panic later wondering whether that was accurate. It was certainly a way you could do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bugsuper)
    interesting how a quick look through your post history reveals that either

A) you didn't sit this exam
    or B) you lied about having to resit Core 4

Interesting. I wouldn't normally be a **** and point something like this out, but if this is true, you came in to panic a whole bunch of people who've just sat an exam that they found difficult, so you deserve all you get.
    LOL! Ok, so usually I would look at a post like this and think 'what a saddo, they've actually wasted their time to check that, clearly have too much time on their hands'. But you know what, it's actually quite hilarious. Well Researched. Props.

And to the dude who just got sussed out. Shame. Clearly you are the one with too much time on your hands.

ReputationRep:
    for the last answer/question was it 3. something and you had to times it by 100 to get it to cm?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you guys think I'll lose for only getting up to "x^2 = ____" on the last question? I'm pretty sure the value of X^2 was right, but I didn't have time to try to finish the question.

PS: guys, for the last question I swear the initial height was 4m, therefore surely the answer can't be 3.something... you must have to do something to the 3.something value. It probably has something to do with the 75 second oscillating thing mentioned in the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student Number 4)
    Does anybody know how many marks the cartesian equation and the bionomial expansion was?
    3 marks for cartesian

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elanor95)
    how did anyone do question 1?!
    I admired part a) with great promise, I had 2 marks in the bag and so presumed the rest of the exam was going to be very easy from this point. This proved right with part b) and I realised I could do well here. I looked at part c) and d) and **** myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKing94)
    Yeah I agree. I think the collective opinion is that this paper was atleast as hard as January- if not harder. I'd be suprised to see 60 or above for the A*. Hoping for it to be 58 I guess.
    Im with you on this one

ReputationRep:
    Ran out of time, hardest C4 paper ever. Honestly think it was harder than Jan 2013. What a ****ing joke.

I've been getting high 80/low 90s in practice papers. Even with grade boundaries I'm probably going to miss out on an A by a few marks. Absolutely livid - that exam was absolutely horrific in comparison to past papers. I'm pretty sure I dropped marks on nearly every single question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qwob)
    I think the last part was: Prove cos(alpha - beta) = 2/5 (k +sqrt5)
    NO it was

2/15 (k+sqrt5) where i believe k=5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-New-Start)
    k= 5
    I got that

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone here just joking about doing so bad? You all seem to be quoting answers and nodding with one another :P

ReputationRep:
    **** ME! Made alot of stupid mistakes. Guess i can kiss that A* goodbye! **** you AQA. BTW what did people get for the last question on the paper? I got like 3 hundred and something cm?

ReputationRep:
    when will the unofficial MS be up and does anyone have the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theslav)
    it was 0.658634
    Nah, that's the calculator value for(2/7)^(1/3). The value for the expansion ended in a nine instead of a four I think.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.