Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Core 4 - Monday 10th June 2013 (AM) - Official Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm still not over this exam. I just can't get it out of my head after doing so badly. I can do almost every past paper and get 80%+ with ease, 90%+ if I don't make little silly mistakes, however I absolutely bombed this exam, think I dropped 30+ marks. No idea what happened to me!

I went into the exam really confident so it wasn't like the pressure got to me. All I know is I found it to be a really long exam so I was kind of rushing all the way.

Maybe I didn't work hard enough but I felt like I knew all I needed to know to get a good grade so I don't feel like that was it. I think I just had the same layout and question form from every past paper programmed into my brain, and fully expected the same layout in this exam. It seems they changed it up completely (that's how I felt anyway), and it caught me out. Now I'll be stressing all summer over my university place, knowing I should have done so much better! Gahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prepotency)
    Yeah, that sounds right, I certainly don't think they will be any higher. Based on them, I hopefully will scrape 100

Although, I'm not sure if this thread is a true, accurate representation of the rest of the nation who sat this paper. I get the impression that people on TSR are typically above-average students. Plus, those on TSR that did perform bad on this paper are unlikely to want to announce it.
    Not really.. its the internet people will say if they found it hard, tsr are only slightly above average so I would get my hopes up if I were you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meagher94)
    I'm still not over this exam. I just can't get it out of my head after doing so badly. I can do almost every past paper and get 80%+ with ease, 90%+ if I don't make little silly mistakes, however I absolutely bombed this exam, think I dropped 30+ marks. No idea what happened to me!

I went into the exam really confident so it wasn't like the pressure got to me. All I know is I found it to be a really long exam so I was kind of rushing all the way.

Maybe I didn't work hard enough but I felt like I knew all I needed to know to get a good grade so I don't feel like that was it. I think I just had the same layout and question form from every past paper programmed into my brain, and fully expected the same layout in this exam. It seems they changed it up completely (that's how I felt anyway), and it caught me out. Now I'll be stressing all summer over my university place, knowing I should have done so much better! Gahhhh.
    I agree, I don't understand what happened! I was feeling pretty prepared, and after spending all weekend on vectors was feeling alright with that. Then I barely answered the vectors questions so such a waste of time!

I felt like I was rushing too, so if I wasn't sure about a question skipped it and planned on coming back later which didn't happen! I think less questions or more time would have been fair, don't they understand you have to think about and consider maths sometimes?

Was basically relying on an A in this so pretty annoyed, so unsure if I'll get in uni now.

Might have repeated things people already said but daren't read back any further incase I see other things I've done wrong.

ReputationRep:
    The Television.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    The Television.
    OMG! I've just realised that I've posted this on completely the wrong thread! Sorry about that!, I guess that's why you shouldn't have TSR open in two separate tabs ... Or should just be more observant whilst doing so! How random must that have seemed?! I mean 'the television' on a Maths thread ... What was I thinking?!

ReputationRep:
    Bump! How is everyone feeling about their C4 results now with only 11 days left?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Bump! How is everyone feeling about their C4 results now with only 11 days left?!
    Depends entirely on what the boundaries end up being...

If it's around 55 for an A then I'll be pretty relaxed

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TauMuon)
    Depends entirely on what the boundaries end up being...

If it's around 55 for an A then I'll be pretty relaxed

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    anyone have any idea if when AQA release grade boundaries? If I remember correctly they were released before the actual results in May so it might be the same?

Really nervous . Anyone hoping to do civil engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesupile)
    anyone have any idea if when AQA release grade boundaries? If I remember correctly they were released before the actual results in May so it might be the same?

Really nervous . Anyone hoping to do civil engineering?
    Boundaries are released the day before results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Soooo.... Anyone willing to share what they got this Thursday? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Boundaries are pretty reasonable:
    A*-60/75
    A-55/75
    B-50/75
    C-45/75

I was actually expecting them to be 1 or 2 marks higher then that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmzz25)
    A*-60/75
    A-55/75
    B-50/75
    C-45/75

I must say I'm pleased with that.

ReputationRep:
    A*-60/75
    A-55/75
    B-50/75
    C-45/75

That's pretty good.
    65 for 100 UMS is quite low.

ReputationRep:
    Considering most people thought this was the hardest paper so far and the grade boundaries are up from January, I'm actually quite surprised they're not lower

ReputationRep:
    Surprised they're not even lower - I thought an A would be around 53.

Yay. Can't wait to miss out on an A by probably 2 or 3 UMS marks tomorrow morning. Eugh.

ReputationRep:
    A*-60/75
    A-55/75
    B-50/75
    C-45/75

So you know the c3 ones as well? And c1 and c2?

ReputationRep:
    Just found these: here are the grade boundaries for aqa maths units *drum roll*
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2013.PDF

ReputationRep:
    I did pretty much as I expected and got the exact result of my prediction. How did everyone else do in this exam with respect to their expectations after sitting the paper?

ReputationRep:
    can anyone please tell me the website for core science higher tier 2013 july pleaseeeee i could really use the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceaqa)
    can anyone please tell me the website for core science higher tier 2013 july pleaseeeee i could really use the help

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.