Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am a second year student and I'm thinking about applying for student finance for my final year. I'm reading on Student finance websites but I cant find anything in regards to any restrictions for applying.

I have heard from some people that you cannot receive finance in your final year because you can only get it from your first year, so in my case the only way I would get support would be if I started my course again? Is this true?!

HELP!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Suit,

No this isn't true at all. Students can apply for student finance for the length of their courses or for individual years if they wish.

If this is the first time you will be applying for student finance you will need to register for an online account and a Customer Reference Number here: http://www.gov.uk/studentfinance

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: March 13, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.