Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Derby)
    The time table will depend on what modules you choose to study, so it would currently be too early to predict your specific time table however it is known that no classes will start before 10am.

The classes are also designed to fit around the school holidays.

Hope this helps
    Any idea what the latest finish might be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you already received notification of being exempt from certain aspects of the course? In this instance you would need to contact the person responsible for the course to find details for your specific situation.

The contact for the Access to Higher Education Diploma is Val Blundell and she can be contact on 01332 591080

Hope this helps
    Well i'm currently doing gcse's at the moment. Val explained previously that if you have gcse's, you wouldn't need to do the eqivalence course.
    So if i were to do three modules plus study skills, is it one lecture per week for each module?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldiebutgoodie)
    Well i'm currently doing gcse's at the moment. Val explained previously that if you have gcse's, you wouldn't need to do the eqivalence course.
    So if i were to do three modules plus study skills, is it one lecture per week for each module?
    I've just tried to get in contact with Val but have been unsuccessful, your best option would be to get back in contact with her since she will have all the information pertaining to the access course.

I hope this is okay and I apologise for not being able to give you a solid answer at this time.

ReputationRep:
    I've just tried to get in contact with Val but have been unsuccessful, your best option would be to get back in contact with her since she will have all the information pertaining to the access course.

I hope this is okay and I apologise for not being able to give you a solid answer at this time.
    That's OK, thanks for your efforts.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can you tell me if a tv license will be needed while staying in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by custardcream1)
    Hi, can you tell me if a tv license will be needed while staying in halls?
    Hi Custardcream,

A TV license will be required if you intend to watch live TV, this includes live streaming from a laptop.

However a TV licesne isn't required if you will be just using catch up and on demand services.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    So does the package provided enable me to watch live tv??...bit confused as was told no aerial points in rooms.

ReputationRep:
    So does the package provided enable me to watch live tv??...bit confused as was told no aerial points in rooms.
    The TV would be streamed via your laptop and therefore no aerial points are needed :-)

The company Ask4 who provides the internet packages are also the ones offering the freeview streaming capability.

The Ask4 service normally has a number of packages on offer depending on what you want/don't want to include i.e larger broadband etc.

ReputationRep:
    So if I just watch tv through laptop via tha package provided, I do not need a licence?...is this correct?

Sorry if seem to be asking same question.

ReputationRep:
    So if I just watch tv through laptop via tha package provided, I do not need a licence?...is this correct?

Sorry if seem to be asking same question.
    Apolgies, it may have been me not being clear enough.

You are required to purchase a TV license if watching Live TV, this is irrelevent of what device or via what method you do it :-)

The link below may answer your question in more detail

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...ud1/#questions

Hope this makes it clearer.

ReputationRep:
    I've just firmed Derby and going to be studying BA Illustration in Setember
    Just wondering when is the deadline for student finance? Since I really want to get an en-suite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foodandcolour95)
    I've just firmed Derby and going to be studying BA Illustration in Setember
    Just wondering when is the deadline for student finance? Since I really want to get an en-suite.
    Hi Foodandcolour,

Firstly congratualtions for getting a place with us :-)

The deadline is the 31 May, however I would highly advise you to apply as soon as possible since they have a lot of applications to process and applying later may cause significant delays.

If you haven't started your application yet I would highly advise you start getting your application ready to send off.

Did you know you can also book a room at our halls of residence before applying for student finance?

Hope this helps, and any other questions then please don't hesitate to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to apply for halls if Derby is our insurance? I was told at the open day that I need to apply to halls in order to have access to approved housing...any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GarethP)
    Do we have to apply for halls if Derby is our insurance? I was told at the open day that I need to apply to halls in order to have access to approved housing...any help would be much appreciated
    Hi Gareth,

Unfortunately, you can't apply to halls just yet as Derby isn't your firm choice. If you decide to make Derby your firm, or if you get accepted to Derby on results day, you will then be eligible to apply. We can't guarantee you a place in halls of residence if you apply after July, however there are usually rooms still available at this time.

There are other housing opportunities available if you decide to come to Derby but can't get a place in halls, such as private halls of residence or private housing. We will try to help you as much as possible throughout the process if you need it.

I hope this helps you,

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

We are live in this thread, as well as the rest of the forum, from 1.30pm until 5pm tonight. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have and we will be able to get back to you quickly.

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    I have sent off the previous halls offer application before it got changed and had to send off the new version. However, it might arrive at Derby after the 14 day window it states on the window. Is this going to be a problem? Because I have gotten to know my roommates

ReputationRep:
    Hi Alex,

That shouldn't be a problem, so long as you posted it before that date you should be fine. If you would like more confirmation about this, feel free to email the Student Living team at [email protected]. They will be able to confirm that your application will still be accepted even if it is a little late, so long as you have already sent it off.

I hope this has helped you,

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I was just wondering if there was any way of getting to know students who have been offered a place on the B.E.d primary education course before we start? I noticed sometimes there are facebook groups and twitter groups for students who have been offered a place, do you know if there is one this year? Also, what kind of things should i expect for an induction day?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Abbie,

You will generally get to know other applicants at the induction events, if there isn't a welcome event before hand. Induction usually lasts for a week at Derby, which gives you a chance to meet everyone, get to know the campus and get to grips with your course and do some pre-reading. Induction can be fairly intense, there is a lot of information thrown at you and lots of people to meet, but it is usually very fun and gets your really excited to start your course!

I haven't been able to find any facebook pages, but keep your eyes open over the summer holidays!

I hope this has helped, please let me know if I can answer any other questions for you.

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

My name is Stacey and I'm starting the Law LLB in September.
    Ive heard that I'll be doing four modules in the first semester - is this correct? Also, what is the timetable like - will I be at uni 5 days a week as my friend in her first year has informed me of fortnightly tutorials. How will this work?

Thanks,
    Stacey

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.