Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah14)
    Hi. I am starting the b.e.d primary education in september do you know how my timetable will be and how many days I will be at university for a week?
    Hi Leah,

The BEd is a demanding timetable, so expect to be in 5 days a week. If you aren't in university for the full 5 days you may well be on placement as well. Your timetable will be confirmed to you during induction, so make sure you keep the whole week free until then!

Hope this has helped,

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what will the mental health nursing timetable be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ktelou)
    Hi, what will the mental health nursing timetable be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats your course code, there are several Mental health nursing courses at Derby?

ReputationRep:
    The ucas code is b780

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ucas code is b780

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, i will have a look for you. How long is your course 1 year or 2 or 3?

ReputationRep:
    3 years starting in September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The ucas code is b780

Posted from TSR Mobile
    After having a look, it appears that your course is split into 4 subgroups who take on slightly different timetables. The following times are when everyone on your course will be in:

Mon - 9-2
    Wed - 12-4
    Thurs - 9-4
    Fri - 9-4

and then there is one module in which the subgroups take on different times so you will be in one of the following:

Wed - 9-11
    Wed - 2-6
    Fri - 9-11

Hope that helps

(Obviously timetables are subject to slight tinkering over the summer but it shouldn't be too far from this)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know what placements will be like for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Couldn't tell you sorry
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Ktelou,

The placements that you go on will be full time placements. I would recommend that you keep every day free during the academic year, right now. Your finalised timetable will be confirmed to you in September. Before then, everything is subject to change.

Hope this has helped,

Stacey

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I'm not off to Derby this year however hopefully shall be off in September 2014 at the grand old age of 21!!
    I've got a few questions to ask..

In student halls how 'mixed' are the flats?
    After already attending university and being put in a mixed flat or 4 girls and 1 boy it just felt like a same sex flat and wasn't really mixed.
    Is it done on a more 50/50 basis.

How much does the UniBus service cost?
    I know at my previous uni there was an upfront fee of £390 to use the unibus services.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

On the website it says about the National Scholarship Programme in September? Do you have to apply for this? and if so, how?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

This might seem like an odd unanswerable question- I'm sorry!

I've been worrying about my exams so much but my mum keeps reminding me that I am doing other A levels and that I will always have the other option of studying one of them instead.
    I'm applying to do forensic science, but I'm also studying film studies and English language.
    So my question is, if the worst came to the worst and I failed chemistry and I couldn't get on the forensic science course, would it still be possible for me to go to derby to do Film Studies instead? And if so, how would I go about getting on the film studies course?

Sorry about the long question!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone studied Tourism Management preferably the joint honours degree? if so what's its like from your perspective?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessthorley)
    Hi!

This might seem like an odd unanswerable question- I'm sorry!

I've been worrying about my exams so much but my mum keeps reminding me that I am doing other A levels and that I will always have the other option of studying one of them instead.
    I'm applying to do forensic science, but I'm also studying film studies and English language.
    So my question is, if the worst came to the worst and I failed chemistry and I couldn't get on the forensic science course, would it still be possible for me to go to derby to do Film Studies instead? And if so, how would I go about getting on the film studies course?

Sorry about the long question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Im not part of the Q&A team

But for this you would go through a thing called 'Clearing'

Most courses in clearing are printed in a newspaper (cant remember which atm) which is open before clearing on ucas

You would look to see if w course you wanted to study was on the list at the specific uni and would call them up ususally through a special number.

They will then tell you if you have a place at the uni although it could take a few days to decide

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    Hi guys!

I'm not off to Derby this year however hopefully shall be off in September 2014 at the grand old age of 21!!
    I've got a few questions to ask..

In student halls how 'mixed' are the flats?
    After already attending university and being put in a mixed flat or 4 girls and 1 boy it just felt like a same sex flat and wasn't really mixed.
    Is it done on a more 50/50 basis.

How much does the UniBus service cost?
    I know at my previous uni there was an upfront fee of £390 to use the unibus services.
    Halls are usually much more mixed, however the university can't help it if there is a large influx of males compared to females. However when i was in halls, there were 3 girls, 2 boys.

Halls are within walking distance to the campuses and so i didn't use the Unibus much, only when i was going to the Train Station which is the other end of town. This year it was 1.80 flat rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim_21)
    Halls are usually much more mixed, however the university can't help it if there is a large influx of males compared to females. However when i was in halls, there were 3 girls, 2 boys.

Halls are within walking distance to the campuses and so i didn't use the Unibus much, only when i was going to the Train Station which is the other end of town. This year it was 1.80 flat rate.
    Undetstandable. Maybe it was just my halls. My friends flat was 4 boys & 1 girl :') & quite a few others were aswell!

Ahh, I should have my car with me not to drive to uni with, but to get to placements, going home for a day etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the website, it says that Derby do the National Scholarship Programme. How would I come about applying for that? Also I know other universities which are taking part in it which offer £2000 off accommodation instead of a Fee Waiver. Is this possible at Derby because I have an en-suite plus which is £4,800 :'( and any money off would be amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Derby)
    Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know we will be holding a live Q&A session where we will be in this thread to answer any questions you may still have about studying at the University of Derby.

Also on hand will be our student buddies who are all current undergraduate students from all stages of study and from various faculties.

So any questions feel free to drop by and ask away.
    Hey So I am starting the joint hons (Early Childhood Studies and Educational Studies) in September I was wondering when we get our reading lists, timetables etc?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.