Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does UCL test module-by-module, so that your degree-determining exams are at the end of each module you take?

Are they year by year? So that the end-of-year exams at the end of years 1, 2 and 3 are weighted equally?

Or does UCL have extra-important end-of-year exams at the end of the third year that count for a proportionally large amount of your degree classification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeisgood.)
    Does UCL test module-by-module, so that your degree-determining exams are at the end of each module you take?

Are they year by year? So that the end-of-year exams at the end of years 1, 2 and 3 are weighted equally?

Or does UCL have extra-important end-of-year exams at the end of the third year that count for a proportionally large amount of your degree classification?
    It depends on your degree/department/the modules you choose. My first year counted for 10% or so. My second year counted for about 35% and my final year counted for about 55%.

For History, most of my modules were 75% exam, 25% coursework. 1 exam per year per (full) module. All taken in the summer term. Half modules were assessed via coursework and my dissertation counted for 25% of my final year grades. My final year exams basically decided my degree classification.

Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.