The Student Room Group

Should I insure Imperial or Bath (PHYSICS)

Hi fellow TSR members!

As I've received decisions from all the universities that I've applied to, I have to decide on which university to firm and which to put as insurance. I'm most definitely firming Cambridge now. I've just received a conditional offer from Imperial for Physics with Theoretical Physics, whose requirements are A*AA (A* in maths). Before having received the Imperial offer, I was already seriously considering putting Bath as my insurance (requirements: AAA - AA in Maths and Physics). I took the full A-level maths within 10 months but was 2 percentage uniform marks short of an A* but I'm really not very sure whether I'll be able to get an A* for maths the second time round, what with my other three subjects inclusive of Further Maths. If I'd gotten an A* for maths the first time I took it, I'd have picked Imperial in a heartbeat, but now I'm stuck with this dilemma. Could anyone help me and give me some opinions on the physics departments, the teaching qualities etc of both Bath and Imperial?
Isn't cambridges offer the same as imperials (A*AA) if so there would be NO point in putting imperial as an insurance as if you miss Cambridge offer you would miss imperials offer if it is the same?
Reply 2
Hi madmadmax321 :smile:

Sorry I should've been clearer - the requirements for Cambridge are A*A*AA (A*A* in Further maths and chemistry) :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending